Music on external card not recognized [#10966]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MaximusPrime

Re: Music on external card not recognized

Post by MaximusPrime »

Lowlander wrote:
MaximusPrime wrote:Sorry, I can't find Grant remote sync/access rights to the MediaMonkey is not disabled in MMW Options/on the external Card Profile
Are you unable to find it (make sure you're using MediaMonkey 4.1 beta) or is it not disabled?
I'm using MMW 4.07 and so I don't use syncing to my phone, but MMA still Forgets the external sd Card as library Folder.
Turnpike

Post by Turnpike »

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S3.
I don't sync with MMW. All my music is stored on my external SD card
When I start MMA there's no music. I have to go to Options/Change library folders en select my external SD card.
MMA scans the card en finds the music. I can play the music for hours, no problem at all.
But when I close MMA and start it after a while, all music is lost and only the default library folders on my internal SD card (music and movies) are selected.
I have to select my external SD card again for MMA to find the music.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sorry to say ... good ... it isn't just me. I hope this one gets some traction
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
silvanus

Post by silvanus »

I can confirm that I am also having this issue, using an ASUS TF700 and MMA 1.0.4.0136.
I am not syncing with MMW, I just have my tracks loaded to my external SD card.
The symptoms I am experiencing are, after I re-enable the folder on my SD card, the library begins refreshing. I can begin listening to tracks from this folder as soon as it begins recognizing them. After some time, I start getting messages about MMA being unresponsive. I keep telling it to wait, but it inevitably shuts down, and the process has to be repeated.
This only began recently for me, apparently with the 136 build.
PLEASEDELETE

Post by PLEASEDELETE »

Same problem here. Here's hoping a fix is found!

All music can be found on my external SD card. Everything works great until I close the program and restart it. Then the external SD card is unchecked, forcing a rescan each time I wish to use the program.

Using a Samsung Galaxy S2 (technically a Samsung Epic Touch 4G).

This issue occurs if I let MediaMonkey (4.07) sync my phone OR if I manually move files to my SD card bypassing MMW entirely.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Using 139 - I just started up after it being off all last night and it *seems* to remember the tracks. I have connected to USB and started again and tracks still there. For now it is *looking* like it is working ... time will tell
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

dtsig wrote:Using 139 - I just started up after it being off all last night and it *seems* to remember the tracks. I have connected to USB and started again and tracks still there. For now it is *looking* like it is working ... time will tell
I just updated an half hour ago but still have the Problem that the ext sd Card isnt't remembered in the library :cry:
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

MaximusPrime wrote:
dtsig wrote:Using 139 - I just started up after it being off all last night and it *seems* to remember the tracks. I have connected to USB and started again and tracks still there. For now it is *looking* like it is working ... time will tell
I just updated an half hour ago but still have the Problem that the ext sd Card isnt't remembered in the library :cry:
Yeah ... I just started up again, after off for several hours and it is dumber than a new puppy :wink:

Totally useless at this point without rescanning card which takes more time than it should
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Is there a MANTIS issue on this??
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
klo

Post by klo »

The last version which worked for me was .130, so i went back to this version, perhaps it helps some other guys too. And the devs can wathc what was changed in the new versions... :D :D
(I'm using a LG Optimus 4x hd)
PS Keep up the good work
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

klo wrote:The last version which worked for me was .130, so i went back to this version, perhaps it helps some other guys too. And the devs can wathc what was changed in the new versions... :D :D
(I'm using a LG Optimus 4x hd)
PS Keep up the good work
I will do the same, so it would be great if someone could tell us in this thread if the bug is fixed in an upcoming update, thanks.
jdevos

Post by jdevos »

I also have the issue of the external card selection for library folders not sticking on a GS3 with MMA build 139. After checking the "External SD card" in the "Choose library folders" options screen, it was later unchecked and all tracks are missing. There were no power cycles or restarts, nor any connections to a computer, just idle overnight. The External SD card selection appears to have disappeared again just now when I plugged the phone into my laptop to charge (MMW not running).
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I would feel better if there was an actual Mantis issue for this but there isn't. Not sure why this thread is being ignored ... except for the green check mark
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
BetaQuasi

Post by BetaQuasi »

Got exactly the same issue on a note 2 fwiw- as others have said, need to go back into choose libraries and re-add sd card and takes a while to scan back in
dtsig

[BUG!!!] MMA 136-139 Forgets library and settings

Post by dtsig »

Starting with 136 ( which at least didn't crash) MMA started to forget library, external card and settings as reported here. BUT for some reason there has been no MANTIS or even response from devs on this issue. Could someone associated with MM PLEASE respond.
Last edited by nohitter151 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig