Music on external card not recognized [#10966]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

see-beyond-me

Re: Music on external card not recognized

Post by see-beyond-me »

another victim.....

every time mma is closed and reopened again, mma has lost its 'external sd card' contents. And this is also visually confirmed insofar that when i go to 'options->choose library folders' the 'External SD Card' tickfield is unchecked. I then check it and immediately mma begins to scan my 'external SD card', building the library (which takes a while with around 4000 tracks) and as long as mma continues to run, the library is available. After mma is stopped and restarted, same game, 'External SD Card' tickfield is empty and everything starts from new (believe it started this behaviour around build 133)....renders mma completely unusable.....

currently using: 1.0.4.0139
phone: samsung s4
android: 4.2.2

not really important but using mm: 4.1.0.1642
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Nice ... nohitter moved this from the new topic i created but still no comment from mods or devs ...

Since there has been no response I am moving my rating on Playstore to 0
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Both the owner and a developer have responded and are aware of this problem. External card issues are being worked on.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sorry didn't see it ... or a mantis issue like you normally post in response. I went to mantis and didn't find it there either.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
fionakeir

Post by fionakeir »

I have files synced to an external SD card on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Frequently, MediaMonkey reverts to the default library folders on the internal memory. This requires me to reselect the folders on the external card and wait for the library to build up again. Can this problem be fixed as it is very annoying?
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

Using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and running the newest version of MMW available the last 2 builds of MMA have had this issue of forgetting the external memory card folder settings and reverting to the internal defaults.

If scanning a large music collection in MMA didn't take quite so long to complete it wouldn't be as unusable as it currently is till a fix is found. Currently I have 4000 songs on a 64gb sd card (which is only a small proportion of what i'd eventually sync once all the bugs are ironed out), scanning seems to go one by one filling up the artist, album, genre fields, etc. one by one rather than just seeing what files are there and pulling the id3 tag info from it, or even letting MMW tell MMA what that info is when sync'd and just scanning for changes. I know that is only the problem normally on first sync of files, and subsequently it only looks for changes, but it does seem a bit long winded to me.

Also even when telling MMA what folders to look at never seemed to exclude it from scanning and picking up files such as video files (Which i don't use MMA to play) even if they were in unticked folders. I'd like MMA only to look where I want it to look and it's own database folders and ignore everywhere else.

I know i'm getting a little off the main problem, but as it seems to associate with it I thought I'd point out my frustration here rather than a seperate thread.
just_any_1

Post by just_any_1 »

+1. Galaxy S3. Have to go to Options and check the external Card every time I use. I think I'm going back to the built in player for now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

HaloNachos117

Post by HaloNachos117 »

I, too have been plagued by this issue. However, after updating MM on my Galaxy 2 to version 1.0.4.0142, the issues seems to have been fixed. Funny, I didn't see anything about this on the changelog... but then again, I didn't look too closely. I was a bit surprised when half of the music on the device, itself disappeared, but after MM rescanned the device, the music was quickly re-added.

Just to be sure, I rebooted my device. Sure enough, there was my memory card music! I also created some custom settings, telling it to scan specific non-default folders (by default, it only wanted to scan "/Music", and "/Videos"), and those settings also persisted after reboot!

Andriod version is 4.1.1, if anyone cares.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

That is great news. I have it loaded and working with phone (on/off/reboot) and will then check it in the morning to see if it is alright.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in the notes as I never did see a mantis issue for it. But then it has seemed to be the *ugly stepchild* of mma problems <G>
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

It works again, thanks guys ! :)
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

still not working for me :(

After a restart of the phone or MMA, in the 'Choose libraray folders' screen the 'External SD Card's selection square is unticked and after ticking it the lengthy scanning (4000 tracks) can begin again.

MMA Version: 1.0.4.0142
Phone: S4, Android 4.2.2
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

After the update did you select the correct folder and THEN it forgot it?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

By the way it appears that this is working today (after 142 update). Batt ran out (not mma .. just not plugged in). Plugged in and charged and still there is music. Will be listening on and off ... starting/stopping/syncing and see how it goes. Thanks for making this usable again. Yeah!!

Edited: Later in the day .. oh boy it is still working. Now to re-sync
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

dtsig wrote:After the update did you select the correct folder and THEN it forgot it?
well, thought I did, but to be sure did once more, restarted the phone and now it seems to keep the setting. So for now I agree as well that 1.0.4.0142 is fine again.

thx.
MD