REQ: Sort by date in folder listing

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

heronheart

REQ: Sort by date in folder listing

Post by heronheart »

I download lots of (legal)files directly to my device via the Internet. It can be really difficult to find those files in order to play them in MMA. It would be really helpful if there was an option to sort folders by date created. Bonus points if there's an "All" node at the top of the folder listings as there is in MMW.
JGK

Re: REQ: Sort by date in folder listing

Post by JGK »

Assuming someone at MM monitors this list (?). I have the same request. I transfer audio books from my iTunes library to folders on my Samsung Android smartphone. I then access them in MM thru STORAGE > INTERNAL STORAGE/DOWNLOAD > AUDIO BOOKS. The default display then shows folders in alphabetical order by folder name. I'd like to be able to vary the sort order to list folders by date created, total tracks, etc. I assume there must be some way to do something this basic and commonplace but so far have been unable to find it? I am using Media Monkey for Android 2023 - Ver 2.0.0.1160 -MediaMonkey Pro.
JGK

Controlling Sort Order of Folders

Post by JGK »

I am using MM for Android 2023 Ver 2.0.0.1160, MediaMonkey Pro, to play audio books that I transfer from my iTunes library on my Windows PC. I use a USB wired connection to my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G and then drag-and-drop folders from my iTunes library using Windows File Explorer (on Windows 10 home). I then access these folders in MM via Folders > Library Internal Storage/Downloaded/Audio Books (the last folder name is one I created, not something MM created). I create a separate sub-folder for each audio book copied from my PC. MM displays these sub-folders in my "Audio Books" folder in alphabetical order . I'd like to be able to change the sort order to the sub-folder's date created (either newest or oldest first), or the sub-folders size, etc. This is such a common/basic feature - there's got to be some way to control this in MM, but I haven't been able to find it? I only navigate via Folders from the home screen since I'm not sure how to transfer audio books into the "Audiobooks" icon on the Home screen. I'm finding it very challenging to find appropriate MM user guidance on-line using Google that pertains to my particular query.
Is https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ontent/2.0 the most current/comprehensive for the version of MM I've got? How much of MediaMonkey 5.0 Help applicable for the Android version I use?

Would I be better off if I first installed MM for Windows on my PC and then transferred audio books from my iTunes library to MM for Windows and organized them there before copying to my phone? The audio books in iTunes are one's I've ripped from books-on-CD and converted to MP3 files (so not using any iTunes proprietary format).
deep2

Post by deep2 »

You can transfer your audio books from your iTunes library to MediaMonkey for Windows and organize them there before copying them to your phone. Since your audio books are in MP3 format, they should be compatible with MediaMonkey for Windows.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, we _are_ listening.

Sorting is one of our _key_ planned improvements in upcoming releases.

-Rusty