Connect to/utilize Google Play music library?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

robert2098

Re: Connect to/utilize Google Play music library?

Post by robert2098 »

Any news about streaming music from cloud drives?
I'm now using Beat - Cloud Music Player but if you add cloud stream support I'm switching back to MediaMonkey.

I'm really liking the Android MediaMonkey but currently it is missing an essential feature for me as flash storage is limited.

Robert
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's on our todo list, but I can't give you a concrete timeframe.

-Rusty
robert2098

Post by robert2098 »

Thanks, good to hear it is still being worked on.
drapper

Post by drapper »

tamnosbig wrote:The ability to stream or sync with Google Drive or another similar cloud service would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks, guys.
Yes I concur !! :)
Would be much appreciated!!
Thanks
jquigle1

Post by jquigle1 »

Agreed! Would be awesome if MM would allow you to set up a "Collection" based on cloud services such as One Drive.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Shouldn't you setup Path as criteria to include only folders that are on one drive?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
robert2098

Post by robert2098 »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Shouldn't you setup Path as criteria to include only folders that are on one drive?
I have no idea what you mean with this. On my telephone there is no local path to OneDrive files unless you download them first locally. But I want to play them directly from the cloud.

At one point I had the idea to make a VPN tunnel between my phone and my home network and play the music using DLNA/UPnP from my media server. But unfortunately the VPN tunnel does not tunnel broadcast packages that is needed to make UPnP work so that was a dead end.

But now I've found Microsoft Groove that let me play music stored on OneDrive directly on my phone. This works good but Groove also has a, for me, unwanted coupling with a music store and worse when searching for music there is no option to only search in your library but also always returns results from the music store which is very annoying. So the possibility to play music from OneDrive (or other cloud services) directly with MediaMonkey mobile is still very much a desirable feature.

Robert
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sorry for missing part that you are on MMA.

I tested today and based on my tests only Groove can play directly from OneDrive :( otherwise with any other app you can access and DL from OneDrive to Device but not play. This is why I personally do not like cloud Computing at all and I set myself Local Cloud solution.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts