Sync observation report

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Dedors

Sync observation report

Post by Dedors » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 pm

I saw that i get a lot of downloaded tracks after i only played songs and did not made any metadata changes.
To help out as much as I can, I run some tests. I hope they can help you.

MMW 4.1.0.1672 Beta, MMA 1.0.4.0189, Note II with custom rom (PAC3.99)

After I had some trouble with syncing after profile reset, I cleaned everything up (wiped all files on the phone +appdata, reset MMW device DB) so I can properly report my observations. Everything was sent either via "sent to: device" or selected via auto-sync (songs and static/smart playlists via "auto-sync server content"). Auto-sync device content was activated since it matches completely the server content.
Details of sync settings:
Auto-sync server content:
-All songs with ratings 4 and above.
-Playlists: Smart Playlists for 4+, 4.5+ and 5 stars, and specific genre with 4+ rating. Some of them contain a lot of tracks (1800)
Static Playlists with a few songs.

General:
-playlist synchronizing can take a long time.
-playlist synchronizing report playlists got updated, even nothing has changed
-getting confirm dialogue for updating a playlist which is empty (and always was)

Test 1: changing a rating on MMW of a song sent via "send-to" (does not get into a smart playlist or auto-sync selection)
-rating does not get updated on MMA

Test 2: changing a rating on MMA of a song sent via "send-to" (does not get into a smart playlist or auto-sync selection)
-works as expected: rating gets updated on server. no update confirmation dialog.
-but it wants to update a (static) playlist on the server, which does not contain that rated song.

Test 3: changing a rating on MMW of a song sent via "send-to" (this time it gets both: into a smart playlist and into the auto-sync selection)
-MMA _downloads_ the track (instead of updating it)

Test 4: changing a rating on MMA of a song sent via "send-to" (this time it gets both: into a smart playlist and into the auto-sync selection)
-MMA downloads a track. MMW rating gets updated. I assume it redownloads the track because it first updates the rating, and then the same happens as with test 3.

Test 5: playing a song on MMA which is part of smart playlist or auto-sync selection
-count gets updated on MMW. Track gets re-downloaded. (This means every track with rating 4+ that gets played on MMA is re-downloaded on the next sync)

Test 6: playing a song on MMA which is part of smart playlist or auto-sync selection
-file gets re-downloaded

Test 7: playing a song on MMW which is not part of smart playlist or auto-sync selection
-nothing happens

Test 8: playing a song on MMA which is not part of smart playlist or auto-sync selection
-works as expected: tack get correctly updated. Even it gets twice played on MMW and then once on MMA, it correctly receives all 3 plays.
-no update listed in sync summary

LOG id: VR9CUL0QIR