Define a start default folder ?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Define a start default folder ?

Post by nonob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 am

Hello,
All my music that isn't include in library is in the same root folder.
When i use folder navigation, i always start from the root of my phone.
Is it possible to define a start default folder ?

Thanks
Blog "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW gold (with extensions : Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies) on desktop PC with OS Windows 7 64-bit SP1, MB Gigabyte M68M-S2P (Socket M2), CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1035T, RAM 4.00 Go Canal-Double DDR2 @ 401 MHz, SSD 111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A12 (C:), DVDWRITER HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device, VIRTUAL ELBY CLONEDRIVE CdRom Device.
MMA on 4 Android devices.

Lowlander

Re: Define a start default folder ?

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am

No, this isn't possible.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

nonob

Post by nonob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 am

ok, and could it be added in a next version ?
MMW gold (with extensions : Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies) on desktop PC with OS Windows 7 64-bit SP1, MB Gigabyte M68M-S2P (Socket M2), CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1035T, RAM 4.00 Go Canal-Double DDR2 @ 401 MHz, SSD 111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A12 (C:), DVDWRITER HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device, VIRTUAL ELBY CLONEDRIVE CdRom Device.

rusty

Post by rusty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Possibly--anyone else interested in this?

-Rusty

nonob

Post by nonob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm

My wife too ;)

rusty

Post by rusty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Maybe if you describe the usecase it would help me understand the rationale (i.e. why wouldn't you want to have the content appear in the MMA library, and instead rely exclusively on folders)?

-Rusty

nonob

Post by nonob » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:17 am

Hi,

Since several years, i organize my music like that:

One folder with the music i want to keep and so well organised, tagged , volume leveled..Etc.. (with mmw ;) ).
One folder with the music i'm currently listening but not organised and don't know if i will like it and so if i will keep it.

On MMW, when i used the free version, i used the "device navigation" to listen to my music from my "not organised music", but since i have the gold version , i have just created a second collection.

It will be great if you could add this feature (multiple collection) to MMA ?

On my portable music device (sansa clip+), i use the modified firmware "rockbox" and it propose two possibility to navigate:
-Library (Based from tags).
-Folders and files.

With the folder navigation, i can define a default start folder..

Thanks

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 am

I'd rather see it start in the root as I will browse to different folders when using Folders.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rusty

Post by rusty » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 am

Nonob,

Re. the folder navigation: Would the following workaround work for you?

Tag all tracks in your 'unclassified' collection with an _additional_ 'to-do' tag in Genre, and create an auto-playlist that only contains 'to-do' tracks. Just an idea...

As far as support for 'Collections' in MMA, probably not possible as we believe that it would be CPU intensive. But we'll certainly revisit that moving forward.

-Rusty

Dedors

Post by Dedors » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

I could use "open last location" when going to folders.

I need something similar for audiobooks. When clicking Audiobooks on the start screen, it should open the last used node, with the last played track selected. A plus would be that track even gets resumed instead of played from start.
I love the audiobook integration, but I hate to lose the point where i stopped listening. This goes so far that sometimes I open an other music player to listen to music so I can just resume the audiobook.

nonob

Post by nonob » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:52 am

Hi :)
I'd rather see it start in the root as I will browse to different folders when using Folders.
Of course it could be an option, not a defaut setting..
Re. the folder navigation: Would the following workaround work for you?

Tag all tracks in your 'unclassified' collection with an _additional_ 'to-do' tag in Genre, and create an auto-playlist that only contains 'to-do' tracks. Just an idea...
It's a good idea and i ever thought about workaround like this, but i prefer to use a external exclude folder, i think it is a cleaner organisation.

thanks

nonob

Post by nonob » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 am

Hi :)

Any news about defin a default folder in folder view, or an option to start on the last explored one ?