Continue playing in pc

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

binlalo

Continue playing in pc

Post by binlalo »

It would be awesome if you add a feature so we can continue listening the song/playlist currently playing in our MMA on MMW. In my head it doesn't look too difficult. I have no idea of developing so I might (and probably) be wrong. If the android library is totally synced with the pc one names would be the same and so I imagine it would have to be just an order to play a certain song or songs on MMW. Is it possible or it's not that simple? xD
rovingcowboy

Re: Continue playing in pc

Post by rovingcowboy »

two different critters.
the playlist on mma run the songs from the mma library, the playlists on mmw run the songs from the mmw library.
in order to make them seamless you would have to have the mma and the mmw both use the library from a web server and even then you would still have to start mmw and pick the same playlist and the same song on your mma.
just no way to do what you want as far as i'm able to tell, but then with going from walking or riding a horse, to flying and landing on the moon in 50 yrs time, who knows what can be done in 3 yrs? 8) :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
binlalo

Post by binlalo »

Ohh too bad it's that difficult, it would be an awesome feature :(
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I'd say it's possible and not too difficult to implement, but it could be an awkward user experience.

Implementation
The Now Playing list could be synchronised just like any other playlist. There could even be an option to only ever sync the Now Playing list in one direction or sync bidirectionally and use whichever was most recently played. Then add a small special operation to sync the current position in the Now Playing list and the current position in the current track.
Any media files on one device which are missing from the other could be synchronised in accordance with the sync profile. Any that aren't synchronised would simply be dropped from the playlist.

Issues
The problem that I see with this is that it wouldn't be consistently desirable. Sometimes the user may want to move playback from one device to the other, while other times they would want to keep the two separate, especially if the user has multiple devices. Going through the options to select or deselect the option to sync the Now Playing list would be cumbersome at best. You could get around this with WiFi sync by asking the user each time when the Sync button is pressed, but I don't see a way around it for USB sync.