Downlad new podcast episodes through MMA

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Dybro

Downlad new podcast episodes through MMA

Post by Dybro »

Hi.

I have a feature request. I would very much like to be able to setup that MMA should download new podcast episodes when they become available. I follow a couple of podcast, and a lot of them are released during the day, when I am at work. I would then like to be able to listen to these podcast on the way home from work. This isn't possible with MMW and MMA as it is today, because MMA has to sync with MMW.

I hope you understand what I am meaning :)

Regards
Rasmus Dybro, Denmark
rusty

Re: Downlad new podcast episodes through MMA

Post by rusty »

Understood. Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that this would make a lot of sense, but it's a bit lower on the priority list--we need to improve some of the basics first.

-Rusty
Dybro

Post by Dybro »

rusty wrote:Understood. Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that this would make a lot of sense, but it's a bit lower on the priority list--we need to improve some of the basics first.

-Rusty
I am glad you think it makes sense. That you have higher priorities is understandable. Thank you for your post.

Regards
Rasmus Dybro, Denmark
DRMMR76

Feature Request: Full autonomous podcast support

Post by DRMMR76 »

Is there any plan to make MediaMonkey for Android a full podcast app? As in the ability to add/subscribe, search for, update, and download podcasts without going through the desktop program? That's the major thing that's keeping me from using this app for my podcasts as well. Having to be at home and syncing with a desktop computer to download new episodes and having to add them from the desktop program and then sync to my phone is really a pain, and most other podcast apps stopped making you do that a good 5-8 years ago. Is there a plan to add this functionality to MM as well so it can stand on its own as a podcast app?
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's something we'd like to add, but it's not scheduled for the 2.0 release (i.e. it'll be some time).

-Rusty