Support Google API for Audio

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

paku

Support Google API for Audio

Post by paku »

Is it possible?
I'm using the OnePlus One and unfortunately the AudioFX app which uses a Google API for applying equalizers to all audio sources implementing the API doesn't work at all with MediaMonkey for Android. Having an equalizer in MediaMonkey for Android is a nice thing, but I would prefer to use the one that came with my phone, because it offers some nice options for different outputs. Adding an option to choose between the internal equalizer provided by MediaMonkey and alternatives would be really awesome.
rusty

Re: Support Google API for Audio

Post by rusty »

Hi Paku,

We don't have a oneplusone in-house and maxxaudio audiofx seems to be a custom implementation for that device.

Are you saying that when the audiofx equalizer is enabled, and MediaMonkey's equalizer is disabled, that the audiofx settings don't apply even though they should? Do they work with other media apps?

-Rusty
paku

Post by paku »

rusty wrote:Hi Paku,

We don't have a oneplusone in-house and maxxaudio audiofx seems to be a custom implementation for that device.
Oh, I didn't know this is a device specific problem, because I read somewhere that if the media app uses the Google API for audio, other equalizers will work with the app (like on Sony or HTC phones and their equalizer enhancements)
rusty wrote: Are you saying that when the audiofx equalizer is enabled, and MediaMonkey's equalizer is disabled, that the audiofx settings don't apply even though they should? Do they work with other media apps?
Yes, exactly. AudioFX doesn't have any effects on MediaMonkey at all. Before posting I tested AudioFX with Google Play Music and PowerAMP and both worked fine with it.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I'm not sure what the issue is, but we've tested a couple of third party equalizers from Google Play (e.g. audiofxwidget), and found that if a 3rd party equalizer equalizes sound globally, then it works transparently for mma, provided that MMA's equalizer is disabled.

Maybe it's a cyanogenmod issue...

-Rusty
paku

Post by paku »

Before my OnePlus One I had an HTC One X and Beats never worked with MediaMonkey either. But it wasn't such a big deal back then.
The weird thing is that PowerAmp had the same problem but after they added MusicFX, everything works now... :/
paku

Post by paku »

rusty wrote: Maybe it's a cyanogenmod issue...
Isn't it possible to add an option like PowerAMP so we can choose between the MediaMonkey equalizer and others?