[REQ] Adjust RePlay Gain in MMA UI

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

toyzrme

[REQ] Adjust RePlay Gain in MMA UI

Post by toyzrme »

I'd love to be able to adjust a track's RePlay Gain in the MMA UI.

I normalize all of my files, but that doesn't mean that works for all tracks - some still come out too loud, or too soft. I'd love to catch those tracks while they're playing in MMA, and "fix" them by bumping the Replay gain up or down.

So put something on the main screen (or menu) to adjust the gain - just a simple +/- in 1.5dB steps, for example. Then this should get sync'd back to the library in MMW.

And/or you could use a gesture - maybe a long press-and-swipe, or a long vertical swipe to indicate "adjust gain". Confirm if you're worried this would be triggered accidentally.

If you look at VLC Android, they've handled brightness and volume brilliantly: a vertical swipe on the left changes brightness, while doing a vertical swipe on the right side changes volume, displaying the new value as you move up and down.

Just trying to add more awesomeness to a great product!

Thanks!
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
SonOfGun

Re: [REQ] Adjust RePlay Gain in MMA UI

Post by SonOfGun »

Yep! Great idea!
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

Alternate gesture option: since phones are multi-touch now, you could make the "volume adjust" gesture a double-finger swipe up or down: show a "live" dB value (e.g. "+.05...+1.0....+1.5....") as you drag both fingers up/down, then when you release, pop up a confirmation dialog to apply the new volume to the track.

GIMMEE :-)
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Donski

Post by Donski »

You can do this with RegExp Find & Replace.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28510

After installing RegExp set the MM options,,,
Under Volume leveling set things to "per track"
Under RegExp Find and Replace set,,,
Show the toolbar button for the Find and Replace dialog box
Show toolbar buttons for presets with enabled button in Find and Replace dialog box

Make sure toolbar for Find and Replace is turned on, right click on toolbar and select.
There will be a green icon for Find and replace on the toolbar, click it.

Since there isn't an option to increase volume then you'll have to create a new preset.
Click on the "New" button

Name it - Increase Track Volume
Select - Toolbar button
Find what: ^.*
Select - Track Volume
Select - Regular expression 1
Replace with : "$&" + 1.5
Select - Track Volume
Select - VBScript expression

Now save it by clicking the "Add" button
Remember the amount it changes is set in Replace with:
You can now create another button for Decrease Volume.

NOTE:
You will have to stop play and start again to hear the new play volume.
You may also have to change it by at least 10 db to notice a difference.
This volume is set inside the tag, not the library, so it can be used by other devices.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

MMA = MediaMonkey Android - I want to do this on my phone while I'm listening, away from my PC.
Environment:
Donski

Post by Donski »

I'm sorry, I know you were talking about MMA (MediaMonkey Android). That's why I included at the end of my last post,,,
This volume is set inside the tag, not the library, so it can be used by other devices.
We all wish that Android versions were as full featured as PC versions, but that's simply not going to happen in the foreseeable future. I'm just grateful MMW let's you edit the individual volume levels for each track, which is not even an option in most tag editors. I also sync music to my iPod, Android, Sony in my Ford, Pioneer in my Chevy and my laptop. Adjusting it on my phone won't help the other devices and if I fixed it on one device it would revert back the next time I synced, so my best solution is to to adjust it on my PC because that gets propagated to everything else.

Again I'm sorry I don't have the info you want, I was just posting how I workaround that problem.