[SOLVED] Artwork issue since the great beta change

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

drunknmonkey

[SOLVED] Artwork issue since the great beta change

Post by drunknmonkey » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi!
I installed the new version of MMA (great beta change 1.1.3.0554).
As I had problems with syncing like people report in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=84491, I deleted all mediamonkey folders and all my music collection on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and reinstalled MMA.

Now MMA syncs all music again, but it creates hundrets of subfolders for the artworks. The folders are named with two-digit hex numbers. This behaviour is new to me and very annoying.
The stock picture viewer on my phone now needs ages for starting as it lists all the folders. In the previous versions of MMA there was only one folder for the artworks.

Peke

Re: Artwork issue since the great beta change

Post by Peke » Thu May 12, 2016 8:29 am

Hi,
Are you sure that you haven't enabled that folders containing ".nomedia" are also scanned instead of ignored?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

rusty

Post by rusty » Fri May 13, 2016 1:10 am

To clarify Peke's comment: on Android, if a folder contains a .nomedia file, then the mediascanner ignores the content of that folder and doesn't include it in the pictures/music/videos that as made visible by the system.

In MMA, the folder containing album art images also contains such a .nomedia file, so unless your photo app doesn't hold to the .nomedia convention OR unless you've somehow changed the configuration to ignore such .nomedia files, the presence of a lot of artwork in that directly should have no impact on your photo app.

-Rusty

drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey » Sun May 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Yeah, thanks for the hint to .nomedia files.
After clearing app cache of Samsungs stock image viewer "Galerie, album arts are no longer displayed

gggirlgeek

Re: [SOLVED] Artwork issue since the great beta change

Post by gggirlgeek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:52 am

I am concerned about the thousands of jpg files as well. On windows this slows down Explorer. Is this true for Linux/Android? That is my main concern.

I don't understand why MMA needs to create these files. I told MMW not to sync artwork with my files, and not to convert my files in any way. My artwork is embedded in my tags on MMW though so that is probably where MMA is getting them. It doesn't delete the jpg's when the music is deleted either.

I take it MMA can't leave them embedded?
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!

Lowlander

Re: [SOLVED] Artwork issue since the great beta change

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:59 am

It's the internal cache for MMA so it can display Artwork a lot faster when browsing files in MMA. MMW does the same thing.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)