Sync seemed to change track numbers

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Sync seemed to change track numbers

Post by mcow »

Last night I had an album playing in the car; I played the first three songs. This morning, I started a new album instead of continuing it.

When I got home, I sync'd to MMW. In MMW's Last 150 Played list, I noticed the tracks from last night and thought I'd return to that album. So I opened the album in MMA, and saw that the first three songs were listed at the bottom of the list, because... the track numbers of all the other songs had all changed: they had had 100 added. The display order was 104, 105, 106, 107... 113, 1, 2, 3. I guess we can leave alone for the minute the question of why they sorted in that order; the track numbers just shouldn't have changed.

This would have been the first sync using build 607 (and those three tracks were played using 605). The unplayed tracks in the album I played today, using 607, were not changed.

I submitted a log that may contain the sync: Q8S39FVBZR
mcow

Re: Sync seemed to change track numbers

Post by mcow »

OK: to follow up on this, I selected the album from the Albums category and Delete, was prompted to remove, and they were removed. The album cover remained in the display; I tapped it and saw the full list of tracks, properly numbered. I clicked Sync, got a "Matching New" progress display, and then "Everything is in sync." The album is still present, the tracks are now numbered correctly.
rivorson

Re: Sync seemed to change track numbers

Post by rivorson »

Your second post here matches a bug I've been meaning to report for a while. If I select an album and delete then the tracks are removed from MM's database but the files stay on the device. The only way to delete the files is to open the track list, select and delete. It's been that way for several months.

I haven't seen track numbers change though. After seeing your post I just tried my first sync on 607 with tracks that had been played on 605 and my track numbers are unchanged.