Album Art/Artist Art [#13428][#11919]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

Album Art/Artist Art [#13428][#11919]

Post by PhilDG »

When viewing artist/albums some of the art is missing. clicking the artist shows the art correctly.

I've tried removing everything and re-syncing to no avail. It's odd as it doesn't happen on all artists.

Running mma 1.3.0.0692
Lowlander

Re: Album Art/Artist Art

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW?
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

MMW version is 4.1.15.1830
frankz

Post by frankz »

I've seen this too, and I think I know at least one instance when it's happening.

Any artist that's in my database only as part of a "Various Artist" album will not show art in the "Artists and Album Artists" view.

There are other odd instances of no art in the "Artists and Album Artists" view where art does actually exist for every track that I haven't figured out yet, but the one above is sure-fire.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A quick check shows only 1 file that is Various Artists missing Artwork, others work fine. I did sync with 4.1.16 beta though.

Problem sounds similar to: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13914
frankz

Post by frankz »

Lowlander wrote:A quick check shows only 1 file that is Various Artists missing Artwork, others work fine. I did sync with 4.1.16 beta though.

Problem sounds similar to: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13914
Yes, this does sound very much like that. For example, Father John Misty is in my database twice - once for his own album, once as a secondary artist on a track on Emile Haynie's album (Artist: Emile Haynie; Father John Misty / Album Artist: Emile Haynie). All tracks for both albums have artwork in track view and when they play, but Father John Misty doesn't show any art in Artists/Album Artists view.

But my comment above was that when an artist is ONLY in the database as part of a Various Artist album, those artists do not have art work (for me) in Artists/Album Artists view. None of them do. However, unlike that bug report, artists with multiple albums on which they are the Album Artist do show art in this view.

I am syncing to MMW 4.1.16.1833 BTW.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hmm, I do see Artwork for Artist that are only as Artist value and not as Album Artist value in the database.
frankz

Post by frankz »

After reading your comment I looked deep at the Various Artist art that's missing from the Artists/Album Artists view. The two most prominent offenders are really weird aspect ratios (1035X826). I'm going to replace it with a more rationally sized version and see if that changes anything on the next sync. This may be the problem, but it should be able to handle legit art that MMW can handle, right?

I'll report back either way.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not aware that there are any issues with Art sizes in MMA.
frankz

Post by frankz »

Lowlander wrote:I'm not aware that there are any issues with Art sizes in MMA.
Something is causing this. That was a guess.

So I replaced album art for a Various Artist set with many tracks in my library with a smaller file. Problem persists in Artists/Album Artists view although tracks are still syncing with the proper artwork as they have.

I was probably wrong to makes guesses as to why it was happening, but it's happening. As you can see on the first screen shot "The Toys" and "Traffic" both have album art although they are only there as part of Various Artist albums. The 80s comp is still showing this problem and, as far as I can tell, the only difference is the aspect ratio of the artwork.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Could this be due to either of the following issues in the queue?
Missing album art if Album field isn't populated
[EDIT: this one is fixed in 1.3.1]

Support for per-track album art

-Rusty