MMA and android auto integration

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

FlyingMarmotH

MMA and android auto integration

Post by FlyingMarmotH »

Hi,

First, i have to thanks for your soft & application, i'm a happy user of them since 2 years.

starting to use the app in my new car with android auto integration and got 2 problems :

- Is it possible to add an "album's artist" sorting in Auto Mode ? or maybe give the possibility to choose between "artists" and "album's artist" ?
=> I got a lot of electro mix and I manage my tags to get the right artist name for every track and put the name of the mixing DJ in "album's artist" to cover the entire DJset. With this config I got 383 "album's artists" it's a big pool but it's ok for me. When I'm stuck with "artists" only it's almost 1600 entry... realy to much to find something in less than 5 minutes !

- trying to bypass my "album's artist" problem, I have made playlists in MMW based on "album's artist" and sync it in MMA. MMA in "normal mode" could play the playlists, but "Android Auto Mode" can't charge/play them (bug report generated each time)

Thank's for reading / sorry for poor english /
FlyingMarmotH
rusty

Re: MMA and android auto integration

Post by rusty »

Re. 'Artists' vs 'Album Artists': I'm not sure--we're trying to limit the menu items in AA. Any other opinions on the subject.

Re. failure to Shuffle playlists in AA, that's tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13575 and should be fixed in the next build.

Thanks!

-Rusty
FlyingMarmotH

Post by FlyingMarmotH »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have to admit that too much sorting options is not security compliant. In another point of view, the real responsability is on the driver side. Perfect exemple is car manufacturing, did the manufacturer limit their engine to force people to respect the speed limit ? NO because it's driver responsability ;)

Don't forget that a car with android auto is also USB and bluetooth compatible, a strong limitation is a risk to see people stop using MMA in AA mode and just use USB/BT because limitation doesn't exist on them...

The best compromise could be adding a MMA AA menu configuration option where user could choose 3 to 5 item. (Like the "customize home screen" option but with a limit to the max item selectable) Making this, you don't got too much option, and you let the user decide witch item is best for him...
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

I wish developers would stop limiting features in AA because of "security"

the reality is that if you aren't using AA, you are likely using a phone, and likely pressing items on a standard phone app, which is ultimately more distracting AND the driver's responsibility.

I have another app that allows the use of youtube via AA on the car's head unit. This comes with a big full screen disclaimer which the user must agree to saying that watching videos while driving is stupid. I much prefer this and I'm able to make up my own mind on whether or not it's a good idea to watch a film while driving (which obviously, it isn't) As it stands now the passenger is often frustrated by not being able to change the music in AA and i end up having to stop the car to enable the interface JUST to change the music, which in my view is more dangerous than it was before!
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

zombiefly wrote:I wish developers would stop limiting features in AA because of "security"

the reality is that if you aren't using AA, you are likely using a phone, and likely pressing items on a standard phone app, which is ultimately more distracting AND the driver's responsibility.

I have another app that allows the use of youtube via AA on the car's head unit. This comes with a big full screen disclaimer which the user must agree to saying that watching videos while driving is stupid. I much prefer this and I'm able to make up my own mind on whether or not it's a good idea to watch a film while driving (which obviously, it isn't) As it stands now the passenger is often frustrated by not being able to change the music in AA and i end up having to stop the car to enable the interface JUST to change the music, which in my view is more dangerous than it was before!
Keep wishing. Everyone is not responsible enough to do what's "right" and have to be told the difference between what's right and wrong. Your choices have been taken away long ago due to drivers not driving responsibly. When people are given the freedoms to make their own choices in regards to safety, they have chosen to do things like drink and drive, text and drive, etc. Innocent people's lives have been lost, and families destroyed.

There is a path to eventually get what you wish for. It's called Autonomous driving. That is when the car will be doing the driving, where the car is not tempted like people to do the wrong things.