MMA is displaying all artwork images in gallery despite there being a .nomedia file

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

delaysix

MMA is displaying all artwork images in gallery despite there being a .nomedia file

Post by delaysix »

I am using the most recent beta build for android and the latest build (non beta) for windows. I checked the latest topics and this wasn't an open issue.

When I open my android gallery, I see all my normal albums, and then all the artwork folders. It's hard to find the images I want because all the album artworks are in the way. When I plugged in my Samsung galaxy note 8 and looked at the mediamonkey artwork folder, I saw a 1byte .nomedia file. I deleted it, and created another .nomedia file which is now 0 bytes. Thinking that it somehow got corrupted. I then proceeded to restart my phone, and opened up gallery again, but all the artwork still shows up sadly.

-MMA Pro Version 1.3.2.0824 running Samsung Galaxy Note 8 latest build

-MMW 4.1.21.1875

Thank you for your help!

edit: I didn't give SD card permissions. All my music is stored in internal memory.
delaysix

Re: MMA is displaying all artwork images in gallery despite there being a .nomedia file

Post by delaysix »

Update:

For whatever reason, MMA is saving artwork in two locations. One is in the MediaMonkey>Artworks and the other is inside Music>[Album]>albumart .

In MMW device profile the only setting I have ticked is "use only the first genre...." so I am not understanding why it's copying the album art in two separate locations. Any ideas?
delaysix

Re: MMA is displaying all artwork images in gallery despite there being a .nomedia file

Post by delaysix »

Solution:

1) Delete all the albumart files in the Music Folder and Album art folder
2) Clear the gallery cache and data
3) In the sync profile tick/retick to embed artwork to tag