Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked [#15261]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

IIIMADDINIII

Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked [#15261]

Post by IIIMADDINIII »

Hello,

When I receive a notification and MMA is playing music the volume is lower for a short while. I have this problem since I have switched to the LG V30 with Android 8.0.0. I have set the notification volume to 0% so I only hear the volume of the music lowering, which is disturbing.
Peke

Re: Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't replicate on Moto X4 What notification cause that SMS/MMS/Facebook/... or do all notifications do?

Have you checked in apps permissions that MMA is allowed to change system settings?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Biggus_Dickus

Re: Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Hi,
got same issue. Nokia 8 and pure Android 8.1.
MMA is allowed to change system settings.

Best regards
malkierian

Post by malkierian »

Wanted to chime in also, LG V40 ThinQ and Android 8.1. All notifications do it, whether Do Not Disturb is on or not (just a not of extra info, don't know whether it would be helpful or not).
rusty

Post by rusty »

It tested this out and 'Suppress notification sounds' works for me (to suppress an incoming text sound during playback). Have all of you enabled that option (Options > Playback > 'Suppress notification sounds') in MMA ?

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this with device speaker, Bluetooth or both?
sideshoweric

Post by sideshoweric »

Experiencing the same issue. I noted the problem on the Facebook group and messaged with a MM tech.

I have "Suppress Notification Sounds" checked and still MM volume dips when notifications for texts, email, facebook messenger, etc trigger.

Running Android 8.1 on an LG Stylo 4
MM version is current at the time: 1.3.3.0842

Same sort of setting on Poweramp did completely nullify the alerts allowing uninterrupted playback on the same device.

I was asked to share a debug log next time an alert happens when I'm playing audio with MM, which I will do.
Franky076

Supress other Apps when music is playing

Post by Franky076 »

Is it possible to configure MediaMonkey that other apps will not suppress the music when it's playing? Now the music is suppressed(volume is lower) when a message from WhatsApp is coming in. Or from Gmail. I find it very annoying.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged
sideshoweric

Re: Supress other Apps when music is playing

Post by sideshoweric »

Franky076 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:36 am Is it possible to configure MediaMonkey that other apps will not suppress the music when it's playing? Now the music is suppressed(volume is lower) when a message from WhatsApp is coming in. Or from Gmail. I find it very annoying.
I just had a pretty lengthy facebook messenger conversation a couple days ago with a MM rep, and the suppression option, when it's checked, should be suppressing the notifications and allowing the music to continue without interruption or lowering volume. They tell me this works on some phones/devices. On mine (noted above) and some others, the option doesn't seem to do anything. They are aware of the problem and they say they're looking into it.

I'm hoping for a speedy patch, myself as this problem is very annoying.
malkierian

Re: Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked [#15261]

Post by malkierian »

Yes, that option has been checked the entire time, and it's happening with and without Bluetooth.
Lowlander

Re: Volume lowers while notification despite "Supress notification sounds" is checked [#15261]

Post by Lowlander »

MMA 1.3.4 should fix this, it's available to beta testers.
malkierian

Post by malkierian »

What build? I mean, I have 1.3.4.0844, which was released on the 20th (I think), but it was still doing it as of yesterday.
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
If you allowed messenger to change system Settings then it is reverting MMA settings and play notification sounds. Today Viber ringed when I was at movies and I was in Do not disturb mode :( some apps simply do not follow system settings :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sideshoweric

Post by sideshoweric »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:02 pm MMA 1.3.4 should fix this, it's available to beta testers.
It did not.

I opted into beta testing just for this issue. Downloaded 1.3.4 today.
Unchecked and rechecked "suppress notification sounds"
Restarted my device.

This issue is still happening. Not only FB Messenger but for Gmail and texts as well. Any notification.
Very frustrating.

LG Stylo 4 running Android 8.1.0
MMA ver 1.3.4.0845