Playback stutters and app crashes (Samsung Galaxy S8) (Build 842)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Rattrocker

Playback stutters and app crashes (Samsung Galaxy S8) (Build 842)

Post by Rattrocker »

Hello all,

I'm currently using the production Build 842 on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (factory unlocked/non-carrier branded) running Android 8.0.0. I'm currently running into an issue where playback of locally stored music will begin to stutter after some time, progressively stuttering more frequently, eventually leading to the app becoming unresponsive and crashing. The Log ID of the most recent occurrence is G3CUY5P443.

This occurs on both and large and small playlists and has rendered the application unusable for me as it can happen over the course of only a few songs or even one song. This occurs when listening via headphone jack-out, casting, and bluetooth. Pausing playback seems to temporarily relieve this. I've deleted my song library from my device and re-synchronized my music from MediaMonkey for Windows but with no improvement in performance.

Playing back the same local files via Google Play Music has no issues and the playback method (line-out, bluetooth, casting) doesn't seem to change the outcome. I've been using MMA for a long time now but I cannot say during what Build this first occurred as I was using primarily using Spotify during the last month or so.

For now I can continue to synchronize music via MediaMonkey Android and MediaMonkey Windows but I will have to use Google Play Music if I want to listen to my local files. I can provide any information that is needed and any and help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Rattrocker
Rattrocker

Re: Playback stutters and app crashes (Samsung Galaxy S8) (Build 842)

Post by Rattrocker »

Hello all,

Checking in here after some more testing. I went ahead and did a reinstall of MediaMonkey on my phone to try and isolate the problem but I am still running into the same issues. The previous log from the other day was generated following me pausing playback in MediaMonkey as I noticed stuttering begin. This morning I went ahead and let the app run until it crashed to potentially generate a more telling report. The new log ID is T8MQEQAC8G.

Currently, playback, regardless of playback method (line-out, casting, bluetooth, phone speakers), will over time cause the app and my phone to become less responsive until I pause playback or the app crashes. This normally happens after about 4 or 5 minutes of playback. I do not need to skip songs or change what is playing to cause this to happen. I do have my music on a micro SD card (Samsung EVO+ 256GB) but I have been using that card for music playback since March of this year and have not run into any issues with it. I do not believe that the SD card is corrupt as Google Play Music plays back the same songs from it without any of the issues I'm experiencing with MediaMonkey.

Any sort of help or acknowledgement would be much appreciated!