Windows 8 Pro - Wifi Sync

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

samnetjdm

Windows 8 Pro - Wifi Sync

Post by samnetjdm »

Can't get the Win8 App (purchased) to work with the Sync Server. I have installed the latest beta of MM4.1 on the "server" side.

Is there another piece to install? My server showed up in the App once but then said if it was my first time connecting I would need to accept the connection on the server.

Nothing popped up on the server side and other than the check mark in the portable device options, I can't seem to locate anything else on the the server side to adjust.

Am I over complicating this? Is there a walk through with some screen shots?

Thanks.

John
taebert

Re: Windows 8 Pro - Wifi Sync

Post by taebert »

I have been having the same problem. Its not clear to me how I need to set this up to sync a subset of my music library to my thinkpad 2 with win 8 pro using mm8. My main library is on a notebook with current version of mm on it. I have also tried using the beta with similar results. I would like to get rid of itunes and sync with my andriod dev also.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you sure that you haven't saw any confirmation on the server side?
Do you run beta MM 4.1.0.1629 ?

I just re-verified and it works fine for me, I deleted the MM8 device profile for the MM8 device and the confirmation dialog appears as follows on first connect:

You can find and edit the MM8 profile in Options -> Potable/audio devices, it has the "(WinRT) suffix":

You can also configure the settings in MM8, go to settings charm -> Synchronization -> Configure Sync Settings
taebert

Post by taebert »

I have experimented a lot with different configurations, so I may have lost track of my original intent. I think what I was trying to point out is that when I run MM4 on the same Lenovo think pad 2 as the Metro version, the metro version does not see the server (from MM4). I have had some success getting the Lenovo tablet to sync with MM4 on a separate computer. And yes, I am running the beta mentioned above on both machines. To ease testing, I set them to be promiscuous (accept all connections without confirmation).

While I have had some success syncing MM8 with my notebook, the sync often seems to hang. I see that MM8 has an update in the windows store. I will have to do another round of tests to see if there is any improvement.