MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

ShadowXhawk

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by ShadowXhawk »

First off big thanks to the MM team for finally getting this out the gate.

However I've been using it since last night and already noticed a bug with the app displaying embedded album art. Many of my MP3 files with embedded album art are being displayed with incorrect art from a different file. All files without embedded art are being shown with that same incorrect art. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

How does this MM app pick up and manage album art; does it draw from the thumbnail file in windows or something?

Would appreciate it if you guys could take a look at this soon! Otherwise great job for releasing this :)
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

MM8 uses arts from file tag or from folder (filename must be folder, albumart etc.). Can you try to scan just one folder (album) if it will show correct art ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Post by Guest »

PetrCBR wrote:MM8 uses arts from file tag or from folder (filename must be folder, albumart etc.). Can you try to scan just one folder (album) if it will show correct art ?
I moved a file with issue to an isolated folder and scanned it with mm8 - this time it shows no art. The same file with embedded art displays correctly on mm desktop and also the xbox music app on the same laptop.

Just a thought - could mm8 be unable to read certain album art sizes or image formats?
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Sorry for posting here but I can't access the mm rt forum.

How do I get mm rt to stop scanning upnp folders on my network? It's automatically found my media server but I cannot stop it from scanning the server. I want to specify where to scan but it's going to be busy for days scanning my media server.

Thanks!
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Guest, can you upload that track to somewhere so we can test that?

Darryl, i'm not sure i understand. MM8 is not scanning tracks on UPnP. By default Music and Video folders are scanned. Also you can change folders to scan in options.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Guest wrote:
PetrCBR wrote:MM8 uses arts from file tag or from folder (filename must be folder, albumart etc.). Can you try to scan just one folder (album) if it will show correct art ?
I moved a file with issue to an isolated folder and scanned it with mm8 - this time it shows no art. The same file with embedded art displays correctly on mm desktop and also the xbox music app on the same laptop.

Just a thought - could mm8 be unable to read certain album art sizes or image formats?
Windows 8 rt might not be able to see certain sizes
There are some restrictions in some small system ops maybe rt has them.

Roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

For the hissing sound. I plugged in a set of ear buds to the Dell XPS 10 this morning. The hiss is isolated to only 1 channel. The other channel, while devoid of hiss, played music but the quality was less than ideal.

I also converted MP3 files to FLAC, OGG, and M4A - all of them played with a hiss. I dropped them into the C:\ drive and played from there and no change all formats play with a HISS to include videos

I also noticed on the reviews section in the windows store that another user was having a similiar issue (although they made no mention of a Hiss)
murki

Post by murki »

Hi!
I read that the MediaMonkey App has been released? Well, not in my store :/
Is that possible? Are there different stores for different regions or plattforms? I am using Win8 on my PC. In Germany.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

murki wrote:Hi!
Is that possible? Are there different stores for different regions or plattforms? I am using Win8 on my PC. In Germany.
I think, it should be in stores for all regions, e.g. German here, US English here, etc.
Anyway, I don't undestand, why Microsoft did not make any simple web catalog for the store...

Post by Guest »

Go to download page on this site and get mm for pc's running windows i believe the app is for the win phone and hand held devices with win8.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

The app is not for the Windows Phone as Jiri has stated
Guest wrote:
Go to download page on this site and get mm for pc's running windows i believe the app is for the win phone and hand held devices with win8.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Rick, are you able to send me a record of hiss you hear ?
ShadowXhawk

Post by ShadowXhawk »

monkey hi fi wrote:
Guest wrote:

Windows 8 rt might not be able to see certain sizes
There are some restrictions in some small system ops maybe rt has them.
The problem here seems to be with MM8 in reading certain embedded art, not Win RT. I am having this issue on the x64 version of Windows 8 Pro.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you send me example file (petr <att> mediamonkey <dot> com)?
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:Guest, can you upload that track to somewhere so we can test that?

Darryl, i'm not sure i understand. MM8 is not scanning tracks on UPnP. By default Music and Video folders are scanned. Also you can change folders to scan in options.
At the top of the mm window, to the left of the home button, there's a swirling round spinning icon. I click that, and then to the left of the icon appears "scanning 198 \\servername\music\trackname". I don't know how it discovered the server or why it's scanning the tracks but it is, and I can't make it stop. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it immediately did the same thing.