Installed External SD Card - Now MMA All Messed Up

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Installed External SD Card - Now MMA All Messed Up

Postby iloveaiff » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm

I installed an external SD card in to a Samsung Galaxy S8. MMA was syncing perfectly fine until then.

Then I tried unticking from the internal memory and ticking playlists to the external memory and it didn't remove files on the internal memory, so I manually removed them. But ever since some things are syncing, some aren't, playlists show as incomplete on MMA... Even though some playlists are selected they don't seem to sync as they don't appear on the MMA list. Also, I think files are being left on the memory without being removed. It's just a mess.

I have tried uninstalling MMA, clearing data, removing the MediaMonkey directories and so on...

Is there any way I can just blow the whole thing away and start over? Should I not be split-sync'ing between internal and external memory? I tried that too and it's not working optimally.

Perhaps there's a way I can just remove the two MediaMonkey directories, clear out the audio directories of files and start the whole thing over... And perhaps sync only to external memory or something.

Any help appreciated...
Last edited by iloveaiff on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
iloveaiff

Re: Installed External SD Car - Now MMA All Messed Up

Postby rusty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 am

To completely clear out all traces of MMA see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... /View/154/

Note: remember to delete the 'old' corresponding sync profiles in MMW before you set up a new sync profile.

-Rusty
rusty

Re: Installed External SD Card - Now MMA All Messed Up

Postby iloveaiff » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 am

"Note: If you delete the /MediaMonkey directory on the Android device (step 2) but don't delete the corresponding device sync profiles in MediaMonkey for Windows (step 3) then you'll end up with duplicate sync profiles."

Ouch... I think I'll just start from scratch... This may explain some of the issues I was having.

It seems to be syncing again, but I think I'll do a re-start anyway.

Is there a correct procedure to choosing internal / external or splitting between the two once I've cleaned it out?
iloveaiff

Postby rusty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:31 am

My recommendation is to sync all tracks to a single location, but that's mainly for convenience (so that I only have to manage a single sync profile).

-Rusty
rusty

Postby iloveaiff » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks... That was my original intention before it borked, I just unselected all internal memory and selected the same for external memory but it borked up...

I'll reset it all then and go for just external memory.
iloveaiff

Return to Need help (mma)