MMA & MM windows ratings

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Imaohw

MMA & MM windows ratings

Post by Imaohw »

Does MM transfer song ratings (stars) to the phone? The songs on my phone are rated in MM windows, then copied to the phone (not synced). I just downloaded MMA and allowed it to scan the phone, but the music does not show the ratings. Is it possible for MMA to show the ratings created in MM windows? If so, how does one accomplish this? Syncing? I thought MMW wrote the ratings to the song file?

Thanks for any help.
Lowlander

Re: MMA & MM windows ratings

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, if MMW was set to save tags to the files (default) then transferring files will include their Ratings.

However if you don't sync you're relying on the Android Media Scanner which doesn't pick this up, thus MMA doesn't have this data available (a sync from MMW to MMA would).
Imaohw

Post by Imaohw »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm Yes, if MMW was set to save tags to the files (default) then transferring files will include their Ratings.

However if you don't sync you're relying on the Android Media Scanner which doesn't pick this up, thus MMA doesn't have this data available (a sync from MMW to MMA would).
Thanks for your response. Guess I'll be setting up sync.

Three more questions:

1. What setting would I check to ensure that tags are indeed being saved to the files?

2. If it's not set to do so, can it be retro-actively applied?

3. I'm using the free MMA version until I'm sure this all works right. Will that matter for this purpose?

using version 4.1.8.1751 on Win 7 pro

Thanks for your help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Tools > Options > Tag & Playlists and enable Update tags when editing properties.

2) Yes, Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags. The Files to Edit > Dead Links sub-node in the Media Tree can show files that may not have the database values saved to the files tags.

3) No, you won't be able to wifi sync (paid feature), but USB sync will work without paid MMA features.

Do keep both MMW (current version is 4.1.20) and MMA up-to-date for the best sync experience.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Imaohw

Post by Imaohw »

I've been swamped, so haven't had a chance to get back 'til now. Just wanted to say thanks for the help. I did manage to sync music and playlists. All my ratings & metadata are intact (!). It's all I could have hoped for. And it was a straightforward process.

One caveat, though, is that the audio seems a bit inferior to other apps (in particular, power amp). Are there plans to improve in that area.

Also, I upgraded to Pro. I noted that the description at Google Play lists some features, but ends the description with "and more". Is there a complete listing of the features published somewhere (for Android)?

Again, thank you for your help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Audio quality improvement, is planned for future MMA versions, actually they are already in making.

"and more..." meant that it is most likely that some future added Pro features in MMA would be also fall under your pro upgrade.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts