Problem creating playlist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Problem creating playlist

Post by mikehende »

Hey guys, I wish to try out MM on my android. Trying to create a playlist and navigating to my mp3 folder it is showing 'No files in this folder" but the files are there if I go to the folder through File Manager, help please?

Also, I can get to the music folder from the MM menu by clicking on the Folders tab.

Or maybe just tell me this first so as not to waste anyone's time. I want to have a playlist running and be able to search for any tune in my music folders on the phone and have that tune play but without stopping the playlist, will that work please?
Lowlander

Re: Problem creating playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Are the files you're trying to add to the Playlist in the MMA Library? Can you when selecting the files in MMA, use the option to add them to a Playlist?
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

No they are not, I was looking for a library tab but did not see any.

Anyway, can this phone version work like the desktop version where I can search for and play a tune without interrupting the current running playlist? That is the only reason for me to purchase the app.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no Library in that sense, but if you can find the files through Artists/Albums/etc. or Classical Music they are in the MMA Library.

Long press any file and you can select Play Next or Play Last (at bottom of screen) depending on your needs and this will not interrupt the playing song.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Great, thanks! That's what I want.

I don't really need a playlist, I simply need to select any of my music folders on the phone, have MM shuffle the chosen folder and play it continuously. Whenever I need to hear "any" tune from not only that folder but from any folder on the phone, I want to search for and play that tune and Play Next, that's about it, how should I go about this please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Like I said, long press the file and select Play Next or Play Last at the bottom of the screen and the file will be inserted in the chosen position.

If you want Shuffle and want to control what plays next when inserting additional files you'll need to start with adding the files with Shuffle Play (top of screen) to have files added in random order. Make sure Shuffle itself is disabled so that you have control over play order.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

No i got that part about searching for and playing a file but when I do a search and click or press on the file all it does it check the box to the right of it. I am not seeing a Play Next or play Last option anywhere.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Those appear at the bottom of the screen when you select a media file.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

AHH, got it now, thank you very much! I will experiment some more with everything tonight.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Any way to have Play Next work when shuffling is on?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, which is why I suggested to use Random Play instead. This adds the files shuffled to the Now Playing, but allows Play Next to work as expected.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm If you want Shuffle and want to control what plays next when inserting additional files you'll need to start with adding the files with Shuffle Play (top of screen) to have files added in random order. Make sure Shuffle itself is disabled so that you have control over play order.
Can you tell me which icon turns on the Shuffle Play feature please? When I choose Folders from the main menu and select a folder from the Library I am seeing only 3 icons at the top right, an arrow pointing to the right which when pressed goes to the Now Playing screen, the Search icon and the 4 dots with the different options?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Random Play button is only shown when you're viewing media files that MMA can play, it will show at the top right. It's a play triangle with a shuffle icon on top.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:15 pm The Random Play button is only shown when you're viewing media files that MMA can play,
Sorry not understanding that as I am only playing mp3 files.

I think the white arrow pointing to the right which as tiny gray coiored circle on it is the Random Play button? If yes, when pressed it goes to the Now playing screen, does this mean the Random Play is activated this way?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's the button and that means the files listed where added in random order to the Now Playing. Shuffle will still be in the state it was before as it operates independently.