New smartphone = New compete sync = catastrophy

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Liebhab-Baer

New smartphone = New compete sync = catastrophy

Post by Liebhab-Baer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 am

Hallo everybody,
I got a new smartphone (Galaxy A70) a few dasy ago, and so had to sync my mp3 collection to it, using MMW 4.1.24.1883 and MMA 1.3.7.0902.
I always had trouble with syncing concerning album covers, got it quite solved on my old smartphone, but what happened now with the new sync is just nothing but a mess.

I learned from this forum that MMA does not take the cover from the ID-Tag (why is that? Makes no sense to me...), but rather looks thrm up itself if checked in the options. That would be okay okay for me if MMA limited itself to this, but it does not.
The problem is that MMA does show some of the covers from MMW allright, but with the majority of the tracks it shows a wrong cover. No idea by which criteria this is chosen. This leads to the fact, that MMA does not look up the cover by itself, but I would have to delete this wrong cover manually before MMA does so.

I tried USB-sync complete, the deleted all the artwork MMA had cached in the folder, tried USB-sync in small pieces, and did the same with WIFI-sync. No Chance.

It would take me months to correct all that, and this has nothing to do with a comfortable music file administration.

Has anybody any advice for me?

Thanks, Andreas

One more thing I miss since using MMA: Why can't you select first by genre / artist / album and secondly by Rating? Or otherwise: Selest by rating first and afterwards by genre / album / artist? My workaround is creating palylists, but it is that really necessary?
Last edited by Liebhab-Baer on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowlander

Re: New smartphone = New compete sync = catastrophy

Post by Lowlander » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 am

MMA gets Artworks from MMW if you're syncing to device with MMA installed. If not, MMA gets metadata including Artwork from the Android Media Scanner (and this isn't a great option).

MMA only uses 1 Artwork per Album. This means that if your tags are a mess that the results will not be optimal.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Liebhab-Baer

Re: New smartphone = New compete sync = catastrophy

Post by Liebhab-Baer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am

Sorry, my experiences are different to your answer. I had MMW and MMA installed on my two devices respectively. My tags are not a mess but in a perfect condition, and there will be no more than 5 files with more than 1 cover, out of 50.000 files in total. As I mentioned before, I tried syncing via USB and WiFi.

I tried Poweramp on my Android phone, and all the artwork is perfectly displayed. But it lacks other function for which I bought MM Pro / Gold.