MediaMonkey for Android Help

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Re: MediaMonkey for Android - file handling (basics?)

Postby nohitter151 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:52 am

messenger1283 wrote:I am a long time user of MediaMonkey on my PC. Love it! I recently adopted a Motorola XOOM tablet, running Android 4.1.2 and I would like to use mediamonkey as my media player. I am very experienced in manually moving files around and modifying file properties to organize my thousands of files on my PC, but this android world is a mystery! Help - please?

I downloaded some podcast files (NPR's " Serial" - mp3 format) and moved these onto the root of an SD card (sdcard1). I finally figured out how to see them in MediaMonkey Pro 1.1.3.0502 - using "Folders" from the home screen - that was going to be my original question, how to find them - what are the basics to handling files? How do I get these files to be seen under the "Podcasts" and/or "Artists & Album Artists" and/or "Albums" views? If I manually move files into a directory/folder how do I get MediaMonkey to update it's database to see them like it does on a PC?

or, am I (only supposed) to deal with this device like an ipod - syncing and such...

I believe seeing tracks as other types of files requires syncing from MM on windows.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nohitter151

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help

Postby Onlyzen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:53 am

Wireless sync of track metadata, playlists, play history, and ratings.Support for Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, ...Supports replay gain, bookmarks, quickshuffle, 3rd party scrobblers.UPnP/DLNA client with download manager.Contextual functions for single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, playlist management, delete, use as ringtone, share, edit).
Onlyzen

Previous

Return to Need help (mma)