MMA Pro upgrade not seemless

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

cool_MM

MMA Pro upgrade not seemless

Post by cool_MM » Tue May 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Just upgraded to MMA Pro via the "upgrade to MMA Pro" selection in menu. Pro version was downloaded from Google Play but it didn't replace old MMA. Files remained associated with old MMA. So, I deleted old MMA which also deleted files. Now I can't get MMA Pro to launch from Applications manager, and there's no MMA icon displayed in apps folder.
MMW Gold 4.1.12.1798
Win 7 Professional 32 bit
Samsung Galaxy S3 phone w/Android 4.1.2
MMA Pro 1.2.0.0614
Samsung Micro SDHC UHS-I Card 16GB

dtsig

Re: MMA Pro upgrade not seemless

Post by dtsig » Tue May 27, 2014 12:51 pm

I believe that the 'pro' version is just a key. After installing then the MMA should show pro in the license section of the 'about'. Not new files as such. Deleting the old simply deleted the bits that actually work.

Reinstall the beta and you should be fine
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

cool_MM

Re: MMA Pro upgrade not seemless

Post by cool_MM » Tue May 27, 2014 2:19 pm

dtsig wrote:I believe that the 'pro' version is just a key. After installing then the MMA should show pro in the license section of the 'about'. Not new files as such. Deleting the old simply deleted the bits that actually work.

Reinstall the beta and you should be fine
Thanks for your quick reply.
Reinstalling MMA (old version) allows me to launch the app again. "About" shows only MMA. Applications manager shows 1) MMA with all music files (16MB) associated with it, and, 2) MMA PRO with 2.7MB application associated with it. Not my preferred window-dressing but this will be okay as long as it works in the upgraded manner.
MMW Gold 4.1.12.1798
Win 7 Professional 32 bit
Samsung Galaxy S3 phone w/Android 4.1.2
MMA Pro 1.2.0.0614
Samsung Micro SDHC UHS-I Card 16GB