Cannot sync to ext_card (External SD Card)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

BLueSS

Cannot sync to ext_card (External SD Card)

Post by BLueSS »

Android App Version: 1.0.6.0293
Android 4.4 - Custom Xperia ZL Rom

In MMA's Sync settings I have options for syncing to "Internal Storage" and "External SD Card".
Both of these choices end up saving my audio to /sdcard/Music but on the Sony phones the external sd card is mounted as /ext_card/.

Is there anyway I can manually change the sync location so I can sync to my actual SD card and not my phone's internal memory?
Lowlander

Re: Cannot sync to ext_card (External SD Card)

Post by Lowlander »

Are you doing a wifi sync (then send log from MMA About screen after sync) or a USB sync (then step 4b: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=26&t=69)?

Note that debug logs are essential for Android 4.4 SD card issues as Google has restricted access to the SD card as of Android 4.4. The team is working hard on working through these restrictions. You may want to update to the latest beta of MMA as most releases have fixes for Android 4.4 SD card problems.
BLueSS

Re: Cannot sync to ext_card (External SD Card)

Post by BLueSS »

Lowlander wrote:You may want to update to the latest beta of MMA as most releases have fixes for Android 4.4 SD card problems.
Thanks, Lowlander. Uninstalling the normal MMA and installing MMA beta resolved this issue.