Long time MMW user, Newb MMA trying to first time sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

hdubnow

Long time MMW user, Newb MMA trying to first time sync

Post by hdubnow »

I finally bought my first smart phone, an SM-G900V, and bought a 128GB SD card for it. So far so good, right?

I created a subset of my music database that would fit in the card (114GB, 29,236 songs). After figuring out about having to configure MMW, I set off the sync over WiFi. That took about 18 hours. All but about two dozen songs made it. How do I debug what didn't make it and the root cause?

I realize now that I didn't have sync playlists set in MMW, so I set it and click sync now, but all I ever see is the rolling donut (hours have passed). As an aside, I have 127 playlists, ranging from a couple of dozen songs up to about 3,600. No playlists make it onto the phone. Is there any way to know if it's crashed, hung, working, or how much progress its made? Are things supposed to take this long?

MMW version: 4.1.5.1719 (lifetime gold, if that matters)
MMA version: 1.1.0.0359 (licensed for MM Pro)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

UPDATE: It took about six hours but now I have most of the playlists, all but the last three, and I still see the rolling donut. I'm still interested in my other questions, though. Thanks again in advance.

UPDATE #2: I found that the missing tracks were misfiled with the Type tag. Fixed, sync'ed overnight (about 5.25 hours), and the albums were there this morning. So now I have my library up and running on the phone. My only complaint so far is the performance of sync. It appears to me that when I sync, you don't check whether the playlists have changed and conservatively delete and recreate them, which is unnecessary. But the actual download of playlists doesn't start until 4.5 hours into the sync and only takes only about 40 minutes; what is happening during that 4.5 hours? As an aside, it appears from the log that during the 40 minutes in which it's productively downloading playlists, it downloads them twice. Any reason why?
Lowlander

Re: Long time MMW user, Newb MMA trying to first time sync

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to update MMW to the latest beta release from the Beta forum.