Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Razzmatazz

MMA high data usage normal?

Post by Razzmatazz »

MMW v4.15
MMA v 1.0/6/0311
LG Optimus S, Android 2.3, 512MB RAM

I one-way synced about 22GB of music (8000 WMA & MP3 song files, and 23 playlists) from MMW to MMA. Now MMA is taking up 45MB of "Data" on my phone. (~5.6kB/song.) That's a LOT of data for an older phone like mine, and it's killing me. It seems like far more data usage than I remember from my previous installation & sync of MMA (from before I recently replaced my dead phone with the same model). Is that much data usage normal?

I've spent so many hours (and my phone has spent many more overnight sync hours) trying to get synced that I don't want to redo it unless people can confirm that this data usage is excessive. I'd appreciate any advice.

Background info if it helps...
  • * Previously I had MMW v4.15 and (I think) a previous version of MMA installed and synced using the same music data on the same model phone and seem to recall that the data usage was MUCH lower-- like maybe 15MB. (My phone died and I replaced it with the same model. But I had to re-install MMA.)
    * USB syncing from MMW to MMA on my replacement phone failed (with partial syncs) a few times so I deleted the phone's music files & the database files in MMA's "MediaMonkey/files" folder. I'm not sure if the multiple failed syncs led to an unnecessarily bloated database.
    * After several failed syncs (& wipes) initiated from MMW via USB (d_WMDM.dll and then d_USBMass1.dll), I synced via WiFi (in
    From within Android/Applications/Manage-Applications" I deleted the data and let MediaMonkey rebuild the database. It got rebuilt to 45MB of data.
    * MMA's mmstore.db file on my SD-card is 45MB (which perhaps by no coincidence is the same size as the data usage)
rivorson

Re: MMA high data usage normal?

Post by rivorson »

Older versions of MMA had an issue with persistently increasing data storage while syncing. See viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78517. This was fixed in build 353 but any existing data from earlier builds will still be present. If you clear MMA's data the problem shouldn't happen again and you should be back to an average of about 15MB.