Volume Leveling still does not work since I started with MM

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Volume Leveling still does not work since I started with

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I quickly verified Volume Leveling with the current build (1.3.0.694/5) and it's working correctly for me.
Can you confirm that when you view the track's properties in _MMA_ that the volume leveling indicator is shown? If you don't see a value then it means that the track was copied rather than synced via MMW which would explain why that metadata is missing.
If yes, can you also make sure to STOP playback (via notifications Window) and then re-initiate playback in order to ensure that the modified playback settings (enabled Volume Leveling) are used?

If volume leveling still fails after the above, please let us know:
- your device, OS version, and MediaMonkey version

Thanks.

-Rusty
dmach

Post by dmach »

Dang, missed the second page of the thread....

1. I do see a value for "Leveling:" that is different than zero. They range from -6 dB to about 6 dB.

2. How do I " STOP playback (via notifications Window)"? I don't know which screen that is...

3. Sony D6616 (T-Mobile Z3) running Android 5.0.2, MMA 1.3.0.0694, MMW 4.1.15.1830, Windows 10 home.
rusty

Post by rusty »

1. The fact that a value exists is good. It means that the metadata has synced correctly.
2. If MMA is playing, and you're in the Android menu screen swipe from the top down to see the 'Notification drawer'. In the notification drawer there will be an entry for MediaMonkey; press the 'stop' button (the square). Note that this is only required if MediaMonkey is running.
3. Try stopping playback and then re-initiating playback and see if the problem is resolved. Note that you'll have better luck testing tracks that have negative volume leveling values (see: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11957 ). If the problem persists, please generate a log and post the log ID here, indicating the file / volume leveling value that's problematic.

Thanks.

-Rusty