MMA Stops playing after current track [#12656]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Mobeck

MMA Stops playing after current track [#12656]

Post by Mobeck »

I have noticed recently that sometimes when playing tracks from a playlist the app will complete a track, move to the next track and stop playing. Sometimes the play button still says pause as it it thinks it is playing but the progress bar does not move and no sound is played.

If I press play, nothing happens and eventually I get a media monkey not responding message from android. If I go back to the playlist (either now playing or any normal playlist) and pick a new track to play, it will go for one song and stop again. I have tried killing the task and re-launching the app but that does not solve this issue. The only thing I know of that will get it to work normally again is to reboot my phone.

Version 1.1.1.0408
Samsung Galaxy S 3
dtsig

Re: MMA Stops playing after current track

Post by dtsig »

After you reboot your phone how soon does this happen again?
Have you tried reloading mma then syncing the music back to the phone?
Again, after this happens try to send a log and note the # here (mma menu, about, send log)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Mobeck

Re: MMA Stops playing after current track

Post by Mobeck »

dtsig wrote:After you reboot your phone how soon does this happen again?
Have you tried reloading mma then syncing the music back to the phone?
Again, after this happens try to send a log and note the # here (mma menu, about, send log)
The issue is periodic, I listen to music most of the day I am at work and sync my phone every night. The issue occurs 2 - 3 times a week. But sometimes more than once a day.

I don't understand what you mean by reloading mma. Do you mean uninstalling and re installing the app? I always download the latest version as soon as it is available in the play store.

The issue just occurred which prompted my original post, and I have already rebooted would a log help at this point or should I generate one after the issue occurs again?
I made a log anyway in case that helps, Log ID 2Y5XA8THSH
rusty

Re: MMA Stops playing after current track [#12656]

Post by rusty »

Thanks. Looking into this. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12656

-Rusty
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Please yes, send your debug log immediately when issue occurs and please describe current track title. Thanks.
igniteED

Post by igniteED »

I've noticed this happening too. After some time, when a track gets to the end, no music is played via casting, MMA will try to stop (or pause) and play again, but it's stuck in a loop. Google Home Mini will still be connected. Play can sometimes be resumed by skipping track or disconnecting casting.

I've also noticed MMA skipping tracks due to unsupported file formats, even though the tracks can then be skipped back and listened to by casting. Possibly unrelated, but worth noting.

The thing is, I tried playing through Sony's music app, and the same thing happened. Could this be a cast API (or Android) thing, instead of a MediaMonkey thing?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've always found Chromecast tech to be a struggle to get working reliable across many Apps and platforms. However I do suggest you send in debug logs from MMA when you have issues with Chromecasting. Then open a Support Ticket with the log ID.