Swapping SD Cards

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ScottieB

Swapping SD Cards

Post by ScottieB »

Hey all. Been using MMA and MMW(g) for quite some time now. I keep my music on the external SD card of my Note 4 (Lollipop). Everything works perfectly, unless I need to swap out my SD card temporarily. For example I use a Gear VR and have an SD card with all the apps and movies etc for it.

Even if I shut down, swap the card, and don't use MM at all, when I put the card with my music back in (also with a shut down) MMA loses everything - playlists show as empty and the library is empty. But the files are all on the card, just where they always were, and I never even opened MM while booted with the other card. As long as I keep the card installed though, everything works as it should.

Is swapping cards like this something that should work, or does MMA lose all links as soon as I remove the card? I suppose I could move my music to the internal, but I like to keep ~15GB on my phone, and that would use up all my remaining internal storage.

And help/info is appreciated.
gizmo66

Re: Swapping SD Cards

Post by gizmo66 »

:oops: Is there a answer on this? Why is support ignoring questions likes these and/or not following up and telling us the resolution of the problems. We can have the same problem and want the answer too. It's a pain searching and finding other people asking the same question and not seeing any answers for them. It is rude
Peke

Re: Swapping SD Cards

Post by Peke »

Sorry that we missed it, answer is taht If you remove SDCard Tracks gets grayed out until you either insert it back.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts