Playlst and music files

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Jack Casual

Playlst and music files

Post by Jack Casual » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 am

Help!

I have been using a Galaxy Note 3 with MediaMonkey Android for quite a while with no problems. Until yesterday.
I went to the playlists, found them all listed properly but every playlist indicated "empty".
I checked and found all the corresponding music files were present in the Music folder, and the playlists properly listed in the Playlist folder
So, I went pack to the setup, made sure that the SD card and internal card are seen, and pointed the file locator to each card (again).
I did a re-scan, etc. etc. No change.

I did a clean wipe and re-install, and reloaded a few playlists from MM windows, and that helped. But when I went to to check file locations again, I ended
up back where I started!!!

So: can someone provide a clear explanation of where the playlists are stored in a working setup, and where the music files are?
I am trying to use the SD card exclusively (I assume the music folder and playlist folder is where the files are supposed to be located).
It seems that copies of both the music files and playlists also appear on the internal card too (where I don't want them and didn't think I had put them).

So I'm totally confused as to why this problem appeared, and don't know how to fix it.

Help!!

DungHo

Re: Playlst and music files

Post by DungHo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Im having same problem after update

rklevy

Re: Playlst and music files

Post by rklevy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm

I've been having the same trouble...started after the new MMW update...couldn't sync to my SD card at all on my HTC M8....MMW sees the card and in many cases says it's syncing but nothing shows up on the SD card. I uninstalled MMA, removed all references for mediamonkey on the internal phone memory and SD card if they still existed, formatted the card, and reinstalled MMA (BE SURE TO MAKE SURE YOUR SYNC OPTIONS ARE CHECKED--MINE WERE ALL UNCHECKED!).

Then I re-synced, files seem to transfer...were on the phone...but did not show up in MMA....repointed MMA to the SD card per the instructions in MMA when re-installed...phone took a few minutes but finally showed up my playlists, music files and podcasts! At least for now!

Good Luck