Can't get a full WiFi sync with MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

stevec

Can't get a full WiFi sync with MMA

Post by stevec » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Summary:

As of installing the new MMA app on my HTC one, I am no longer able to get the WiFi sync to sync all of my content. This was working on the MMA beta app prior to upgrading.

Setup:

Mediamonkey 4.1.11.1783 (Windows 7)
MMA 1.1.3.0554, HTC One, w/ 64G SIM card
-I have around 60GB of music data after conversion to MP3

Details:

I was running MMA "Beta" up until recently. Then it started telling me that the Beta app was going away and I need to update to the regular MMA app, so I did. But since I've upgraded, I cannot get my music to sync to my device in any reaonable way. This was working fine with the MMA beta product.

My basic workflow had been:

1. Attach the phone via USB
2. Set up the sync parameters (directories, auto conversion, etc.)
3. Start a sync. I didn't have to wait for it to complete

At this point, I could disconnect from USB and connect the phone and sync over WiFi and it would complete the sync. It might take a while, but it got all of the music over there and I didn't have to be wired to my laptop while it was happening. I could also sync incrementally as I went forward, adding new albums/tracks and changing existing ones (metadata) to my MediaMonkey on the Windows machine and then syncing from the phone and it would pick up the deltas.

Now this doesn't work any more. No matter how much or little I sync over the USB connection, when the WiFi sync picks up from there it finishes whatever artists/albums may have already been started and then stops and says: "Everything is in sync" even when it's clearly not.

Is this a known issue? Am I missing some configuration to make this work?

thanks,
steve

Lowlander

Re: Can't get a full WiFi sync with MMA

Post by Lowlander » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Apply for the beta program for MMA and update to the latest beta of MMW.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)