Page 1 of 2

why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:29 am
by Dan33185
Well, I think I figured out why I have such a problem syncing with my sdcard. MMA isn't even seeing the playlists I have in my playlists folder. Here are two images, one taken in ES File Explorer clearly showing 4 playlists, the other in MMA showing 0 playlists in the exact same folder.

Image

Image

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:50 am
by Peke
Can you open one of those M3Us and check if path to files actually exist and are correct?

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:00 pm
by Dan33185
When I try to open it in MMA, it says "skipping tracks (missing codec)". Here's a picture of the properties in ES File Explorer:


Image

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:46 pm
by Lowlander
How are you syncing, what versions of MMA and MMW (if MMW is syncing) are you using and which version of Android.

What is the file format of the music files on those Playlists? Does MMA play the music files by themselves?

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:24 am
by Dan33185
I'm using USB Sync, with the most current beta versions of both MMA and MMW. The files are MP3, and play fine through the player itself.

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 am
by Peke
I'm guessing that Paths to files are incorrect and MMW can't find them to play.

I would suggest that after skipping you go to MENU -> ABOUT and send debug log while noting LOGID here.

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:55 pm
by Dan33185
LOG ID: P3KF24DHGJ

So now it's finding 3 of the 4 playlists in my playlists folder, and no matter how many times I rescan it, it won't show the 4th.

EDIT-Well, now MMA has actually gone ahead and just deleted the 4th playlist from that folder. (LOG ID: 1ZW6GM36I3)

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 am
by Dan33185
Dan33185 wrote:LOG ID: P3KF24DHGJ

So now it's finding 3 of the 4 playlists in my playlists folder, and no matter how many times I rescan it, it won't show the 4th.

EDIT-Well, now MMA has actually gone ahead and just deleted the 4th playlist from that folder. (LOG ID: 1ZW6GM36I3)
Anyone get a chance to look at these yet?

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists?

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 pm
by Peke

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:08 am
by Dan33185
Awesome, thank you!

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:44 pm
by bhiefer
The screenshot is taken from "Choose library folders" activity. But this activity is for adding media to library. You won't see the playlists here. You can find your playlists from Home activity in "Playlists" node.

Yes I do see that MMA synced these 3 playlists and Phone.m3u is deleted because it is empty. Android often forgets to delete empty playlists and they remain in their DB and can't be deleted in other apps. So MMA deletes this playlist. Is it empty?

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:22 am
by Dan33185
bhiefer wrote:The screenshot is taken from "Choose library folders" activity. But this activity is for adding media to library. You won't see the playlists here. You can find your playlists from Home activity in "Playlists" node.

Yes I do see that MMA synced these 3 playlists and Phone.m3u is deleted because it is empty. Android often forgets to delete empty playlists and they remain in their DB and can't be deleted in other apps. So MMA deletes this playlist. Is it empty?

There's about 8,000 songs on that playlist.

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:31 am
by Peke
Can you send us that M3U in support ticket and can you post screenshot or write path from one track contained that playlist that is located on phone sd card?

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:59 pm
by Dan33185
Peke wrote:Can you send us that M3U in support ticket and can you post screenshot or write path from one track contained that playlist that is located on phone sd card?
That M3U file has been changed since then, and it seems to have synced fine the last few times as well. If it changes, I'll update this post.

Re: why does MMA not see my playlists? [#13514]

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 am
by Dan33185
Peke wrote:Can you send us that M3U in support ticket and can you post screenshot or write path from one track contained that playlist that is located on phone sd card?
How do I send an M3U file to you? This is happening again