Sync problems including root directory changed

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

tommycrock
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 9:13 am

Sync problems including root directory changed

Post by tommycrock » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 pm

I had MMA installed and set up a USB sync to my phone's SD card which went to \music as expected. Having added four new albums and changed the genre in about 6 albums (all in MMW) I did a wifi sync which brought across the new albums but didn't seem to update the genre metadata (at least not in the db on mma immediately after sync). I tried a usb sync, but now the root directory was showing as in http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e/View/163 Most (but not all) media was deleted from /music and put in the root, but the MMA database wasn't updated with those additions/deletions.

How can I check the permissions granted to MMA? - on http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e/View/237 it says they can be manually granted via the Options > Verify permissions function, but I don't see that option.

Thanks_________________________________

Sony xperia z5 compact E5823 Android 6.0.1
USB transfer by MTP only
MMA Pro 1.2.0.0611
MMW Gold 4.1.12.1798

tommycrock
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 9:13 am

Re: Sync problems including root directory changed

Post by tommycrock » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:56 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled MMA and that fixed the root issue, although I've only done USB syncs so far, so don't know if the problem will come back. However, I now have a somewhat screwed up database.

There are two copies of many albums, one with tracks, one empty, and a manual rescan doesn't remove the empty ones.
Also, some albums are listed under different album artists than the ones in their tags. In the three cases I've spotted today one of the track artists for each album was classed as the album artist, but I've checked the tags and they're correct.

Post Reply