Skip silence option? [#13959]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

bernied

Skip silence option? [#13959]

Post by bernied » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:56 pm

I have audio books that I'd like MMA NOT to skip silence at the end of tracks. Reason is simple: I have a language learning course and there is intentional silence added to each track (5 seconds) to give you time to pause and think. It's sort of a Q & A language course: the teacher asks questions, then pause, then the answers. I dig to the bottom of this, my files surely contain silence (baked in), the files on MMA are the same too (so no mismatch possible), but MMA shows these files' length 5 seconds shorter, hence it skips this baked in silence (example, a 14 seconds track shows up as 9 seconds).

I found this option on MMW to toggle this skip silence feature, but unfortunately I didn't find it on MMA. Did I miss something or is there are workaround? The somewhat tedious workaround would be to "bake in" a small sound (perhaps a beep or whatever) just enough to trick MMA into thinking the track isn't finished to avoid skipping these silence.

Please help, as this is an annoying feature in this case.

bernied

Re: Skip silence option ?

Post by bernied » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 am

I just thought of a workaround. A bit tedious but it's already much better than modifying all these mp3's (100s) to add silences between tracks. Rather, I'll simply edit my own "filler" track, 5 seconds or whichever delay I want, throw in those in a playlist where that filler track will be copied between all "real" tracks (x100 for example). I'll just have to cut something else than silence, could easily be a small cut of a song or some other audio. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what will MM do if I throw at it a track of just silence, will it skip it altogether? Mwhaha ;-) Nothing critical, but I think there should be the same option on MMA to toggle "skip silence at end of tracks" on / off, like on MMW...

Peke

Re: Skip silence option ?

Post by Peke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 am

Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

bernied

Re: Skip silence option? [#13959]

Post by bernied » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 am

Super, thanks! I'll try my workaround meanwhile...

Stormdancer

Re: Skip silence option? [#13959]

Post by Stormdancer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Yeah, this remains an annoying 'feature', when you're trying to force a little time for contemplation between songs or other media. If I add half a second of silence on each end... I don't want MM to helpfully remove it again during playback.

Just a simple 'skip silence at start or end of tracks' checkbox would be really nice.