MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

tbmatthews

MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by tbmatthews » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm

I cannot figure out why I am getting duplicate entries of everything after I sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 with MMW. I sync to my SD Card and I get one true link to the actual mp3 and one dead link. This is happening on both the tracks and the playlists.

After sync I get the following two library references with the files paths:

/Storage/0050-COCO/Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is a dead library reference
0050-COCO:Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is the playable library reference

When I re-sync and add and remove playlists, it seems to be adding and removing correctly with the exception of adding new duplicates for the newly sync'd music. I have re-installed MMA and tried changing just about every option/preference I can think of and I cannot get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lowlander

Re: MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rusty

Post by rusty » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm

p.s. if you're already running MMA 1.3.0.694 / MMW 4.1.15/4.1.16 then please also share a debug log with us. i.e.
Do a wi-fi sync for a playlist with 1 file
Go to Menu > About MediaMonkey > Send logs and note the log ID
Send the log and post the ID to this thread.

Thanks!

-Rusty

JulieEdwards

Duplicate Ghost Tracks and Album Art not showing

Post by JulieEdwards » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:45 pm

I am also having the same issue and would love a solution. This is driving me absolutely crazy. I feel like all I've done for 2 days is copy 13k files, format cards, try to sync, delete MMA, start over several times and everytime I have everything duplicated with ghost tracks.
Please help if you can,
thank you,
Julie

JulieEdwards

Post by JulieEdwards » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Was there a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Greyed out duplicates of everything. I've reinstalled, formatted, and re-synced about 7 times over the last two days and I"m about ready to give up. This shouldn't be so hard.
Thanks,
Julie

Skullneck

Post by Skullneck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

So what is recommendation to fix this? Every song on my phone shows a greyed out duplicated.
I'm running MMA 1.3.2.0824.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Right after you notice new duplication send a debug log from About and open a Support Ticket with the logID. They're aware of this occurring for some, but more debug logs would be helpful.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

andytij

Post by andytij » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:41 am

I'm also getting this issue, was there ever a solution?

I just spent two days syncing my collection to a new card in my phone, it seemed to error just after I went to bed or went out. Looks like all the audio is there once but items are in the database twice

OilTrader

Post by OilTrader » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Is there aby update on this? I can't stand duplicates in a playlist, and for three days I've been removing them, but I still have a long way to go to get thru all my lists. This should be an easy fix.....

poogchomp

Post by poogchomp » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 am

Hi guys. I know this thread is months old but I found a solution and hope this will work for everyone else. I, like you, had every single track on my phone duplicated and grayed out. With 13000 tracks, this was extremely stressful at first. But what I did was clicked the 3 dots in the corner>options>choose library folders, and if the problem you have is the same one I did, you will see a folder with the same path as the grayed out files (for me it was 00-0000 or something) which is also gray. Hit the trash button to revoke its access to your library, and all the duplicates should vanish.