MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

tbmatthews

MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by tbmatthews » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm

I cannot figure out why I am getting duplicate entries of everything after I sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 with MMW. I sync to my SD Card and I get one true link to the actual mp3 and one dead link. This is happening on both the tracks and the playlists.

After sync I get the following two library references with the files paths:

/Storage/0050-COCO/Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is a dead library reference
0050-COCO:Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is the playable library reference

When I re-sync and add and remove playlists, it seems to be adding and removing correctly with the exception of adding new duplicates for the newly sync'd music. I have re-installed MMA and tried changing just about every option/preference I can think of and I cannot get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lowlander

Re: MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rusty

Post by rusty » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm

p.s. if you're already running MMA 1.3.0.694 / MMW 4.1.15/4.1.16 then please also share a debug log with us. i.e.
Do a wi-fi sync for a playlist with 1 file
Go to Menu > About MediaMonkey > Send logs and note the log ID
Send the log and post the ID to this thread.

Thanks!

-Rusty

JulieEdwards

Duplicate Ghost Tracks and Album Art not showing

Post by JulieEdwards » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:45 pm

I am also having the same issue and would love a solution. This is driving me absolutely crazy. I feel like all I've done for 2 days is copy 13k files, format cards, try to sync, delete MMA, start over several times and everytime I have everything duplicated with ghost tracks.
Please help if you can,
thank you,
Julie

JulieEdwards

Post by JulieEdwards » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Was there a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Greyed out duplicates of everything. I've reinstalled, formatted, and re-synced about 7 times over the last two days and I"m about ready to give up. This shouldn't be so hard.
Thanks,
Julie

Skullneck

Post by Skullneck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

So what is recommendation to fix this? Every song on my phone shows a greyed out duplicated.
I'm running MMA 1.3.2.0824.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Right after you notice new duplication send a debug log from About and open a Support Ticket with the logID. They're aware of this occurring for some, but more debug logs would be helpful.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)