Problem with random clicks

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Gustavm154

Problem with random clicks

Post by Gustavm154 »

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my kit and migrated my library from iTunes to MMW and MMA on a Pioneer XDP-100R-K.

Things have been going well so far, however I'm noticing a problem that some tracks have random clicks/breaks during playback on MMA. I had thought these were just from scratches when the CDs were imported originally. However, if I rewind the track and play it again, they do not appear in the same place, so it seems to be an error with playback. In a continuous 20 minute track there might be 3 or 4 of them at random points.

Almost all the tracks at FLAC tracks, played on MMA 1.3.1.0712 on the Pioneer running Android 5.1.1, synched with the latest MMW version. I've tried deleting the tracks on my computer and the Pioneer, then re-importing the CDs and transferring the tracks across, but that hasn't made any difference.

Any idea what might be causing this, or what I can do about it?

Thanks,

GM
Peke

Re: Problem with random clicks

Post by Peke »

When you hear Click can you please Send MMA debug Log and post LOG ID here?

Usually (On PC as I do not have the device) such clicks are caused due the playback buffer imposing artifacts in Audio data stream. Lets see if Log file show us anything.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Thanks,

I sent a few logs in, but didn't record the numbers.

However, just had a reslly good example, log: PSLGDMGFAC. When I stopped and reversed the track, no click the second time.

GM

Post by Guest »

And another one: PACNKD1UN1

Post by Guest »

Sorry and another big one: 4616GX79T3
rusty

Post by rusty »

One other question: can you confirm whether playing the same tracks in Google play Music also results in the Clicks ?

Thanks.

Rusty

Post by Guest »

Hmm... interesting: yes, also happens when I play the tracks through Google Play, however in different spots again.

Guessing it's a device problem then? Any help gratefully received!

GM
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for logs and answers. We will analyze logs, but is very slim as like you pointed maybe it is device problem and that device could actually be pioneer. Do you have any other device that you can test with (SmartTV, MMW server, ...)?
Best regards,
Peke
rusty

Post by rusty »

GM,

Yes--if the issue occurs in Google Play music, it implies that it's a device issue most likely related to the flac codec included with that device (in fact it sounds very similar to a regression that Android had introduced in v4.4.1/4.4.2 and fixed in 4.4.3).

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

Thanks Rusty,

I converted a bunch of files to WAV files, but the problem still happens, so I don't think it can be the FLAC codec alone.

Did anything else come out of the logs?

GM
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We didn't actually look into the logs because the fact that the issue occurs with Google Play confirms that the problem is a lower level problem on your device :-(

I presume the wav playback problems also occur with Google Play music ?

-Rusty

p.s. in the future we may use an alternative playback engine to work around such system level device-specific issues.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Rusty,

Yes, happens on the WAV files with Google Play.

However, I've discovered that it doesn't happen when playing the same FLAC or WAV files on the inbuilt Pioneer Music player or using Poweramp: on both of those apps the tracks play fine. Reluctant to use either of these as their organising capacity is rubbish compared to MM.

So it is something to do with the interaction between MediaMonkey and the device software. Pioneer have been absolutely useless.

GM
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just for tests can you please try using MX Player with and without custom codecs installed just to confirm if actually there is native codec issue on device?
Best regards,
Peke
rusty

Post by rusty »

GM,
fyi PowerAmp does use its own codecs (I've no idea about the Pioneer app)--that's why it can play those particular files.

-Rusty