MMA consistently crashes with certain podcasts

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MMA consistently crashes with certain podcasts

Postby jmw356 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:57 am

I use MMW (4.1.17.1840) to manage my music, and have MMA (1.3.0.0694) on my Pixel. Overall I'm extremely pleased with both products.

When I attempt to access various podcast feeds on my phone, MMA goes to a black screen and has to rebooted. This occurs when going from the "Albums" tab to try to list the files in the podcast feed. MMA is unable to list the available files.

My move to the Pixel occurred about three months and I had the same issue with my Galaxy S5 before, though I would say the frequency may be reduced on the Pixel.

The affected podcasts are not entirely consistent over time, which suggests to me that certain files in certain feeds are somehow inaccessible. At this point, the only one I know to be 100% consistent is "NPR All Songs Considered". I have had problems in the past with non-NPR feeds as well, though I don't believe that has occurred on the Pixel.

The podcast files themselves are fine and can be played in other audio players on the phone. MMW is able to play them on my PC.

The MMA sync function works correctly and is able to appropriately download or delete these files.

Would appreciate help if anyone has encountered similar problems.

thanks,
jmw
jmw356

Re: MMA consistently crashes with certain podcasts

Postby Lowlander » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Send a debug log (from About screen in MMA) right after such a crash and open a Support Ticket with the logID.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Return to Need help (mma)