Mediamonkey doesn't play over bluetooth after latest update

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ardagan

Mediamonkey doesn't play over bluetooth after latest update

Post by Ardagan »

Hi,

For some reason my mediamonkey on android stopped playing music over bluetooth. It worked fine before, it still can play music in speakers or on wired headphones.

Failed to work with car bluetooth and with sennheizer MM450X.

MM version: 1.3.1.0732
Phone: Google Pixel 2
Android version: 8.0.0
Peke

Re: Mediamonkey doesn't play over bluetooth after latest upd

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Make sure your wired headphones are not connected (Some users told me it is needed step, but I can't replicate no sound behavior), make sure that BT Audio Volume is Maxed, Try to connect on BT while MMA is playing over speakers (Optional test, for me it always switch to BT out apron connection).

If none of above help, then after you connect phone to BT car kit/Headphones use "..." -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and write down LOG ID here before you send it so that we can analyze. Thx.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a device restart and do other Apps still work fine with Bluetooth?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Can I ask a couple of other questions?
1) As lowlander asked: Do other apps play correctly over bluetooth on your device?
2) Did the problem start once you updated MediaMonkey to build 732 OR when you updated Android to the Nov. 5 patch?
3) If you install the latest MediaMonkey for Android beta, does the problem persist? To register, visit:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... ediamonkey
4) If the problem persists, would you mind generating a debug log and posting the log ID here? Attempt playback over bluetooth and then , in MMA, click Options > About MediaMonkey > Send logs

Thanks!

-Rusty