Sync to android via USB doesn't update playlists

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Jawzper

Sync to android via USB doesn't update playlists

Post by Jawzper »

This is something that's been bothering me for a long time and is really hurting my appreciation for this application. The only reason I got MM was because it was both lightweight and capable of syncing to android...

Every time I add new music to my library, choose out some songs I like, add them to a playlist, and try to sync it to my phone... the songs transfer across, but the playlists don't update.

I generally have to sync 2 or 3 times to get it to work, and considering that the library takes a long time to check for new and changed media this ends up being extremely time consuming.

Deleting the playlist files from my SD card in the hopes of forcing them to update doesn't seem to make any difference. The newly synced playlist files appear to contain the new music when opened as text files, but the library still doesn't update despite spending a good 10 mins scanning for changes.

Manually deleting playlists from the library on my phone seems to help... sometimes. After doing this MMA still doesn't pick up the new playlists, leaving me with an empty playlist library... so I have to sync... again... and scan again...

And for whatever reason deleting the playlist files and library playlists at the same time just ends up with my old playlists again.

Is there a fix for this? Or at least a workaround that actually works reliably? If not I need to find a new program to manage my music and playlists... and get ready to enjoy the tedious process of migrating my library. I like MM but if it can't fulfill my basic needs it's gonna have to go.

I'm running Win7 x64, MMW 4.1.13.1801 and syncing to MMA 4.5 on Android 5.1.1 according to the "about phone" information.
Lowlander

Re: Sync to android via USB doesn't update playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Start with updating MediaMonkey as the current release is MediaMonkey 4.1.20.
Jawzper

Post by Jawzper »

Lowlander wrote:Start with updating MediaMonkey as the current release is MediaMonkey 4.1.20.
Okay. Done and tested, no improvement.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=26&t=69

You may also want to send a debug log from MMA (from About screen) after sync completes and include the LogID in your Support Ticket.
socobandit

Post by socobandit »

Has there been any update to this? I was syncing sometimes if I tried multiple times, now playlists don't sync at all. The songs go to the phone and show in the library, but the playlists don't update any more. If i manually add the songs on the phone, they show up on mmw in the playlists. I have found that deleting the playlist on the phone, then doing the "send to" operation, sends the playlist properly and in order. Granted, it's only a minor inconvenience to do the extra step, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.
fleu

Post by fleu »

I have the same issue

Let me explain.

When i sync my phone with wifi. Everythi g works perfectly. Bu i also have an usb stick. Wich i use with my a droid car unit. So i sync the usb. Plug it in and guess what. It always shows the playlist like the first rime i created it. The usb stick has the new songs. Also the m3u files are the updated playlist s. But my mma in the car doesnt read it properly. He never updates them. Only deletes the songs he cant find anymore. So i think the problem is when syncing with usb only reads in new playlists and if he sees a playlist with the same name he does'nt bother to read it again an check for An update. Only new playlists he imports in his program. On wifi syn on the other hand. He checks the m3u files and updates them in his program... Please fix this!