Album Shuffle

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

JamesHezzy

Album Shuffle

Post by JamesHezzy »

Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything for it.

While I'm aware that you can create a playlist to shuffle by album on windows, is there any method of doing this for android? I know I could sync the playlist over, but I don't have my complete library on my phone and as such, mm wants to sync the missing songs to my phone which I don't want.

This is literally the only feature I miss from my ipod. nothing worse than really starting to get into a groove listening to a song from an album you've not heard for a while to have it cruelly snatched away after a few minutes :P

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
James
Peke

Re: Album Shuffle

Post by Peke »

If you tap and on a album On the top you will have Play Random Icon

See:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
JamesHezzy

Post by JamesHezzy »

Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I'm aware that I can do this, but It's not exactly what I meant. What I meant was to be able to play through all the tracks on an album in the artists intended sequence, but for mm to randomly select another album to play after finishing the last track of the currently playing album without the need for my intervention.

This is the only feature I really miss from my ipod as it was very handy when I haven't got the means of directly accessing my phone, Like when I'm riding my motorbike for instance :P
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That what you want is not possible. You can only do it per album or add number of albums afterwards, but you need to create full now playing list before you start to drive.

Feature you search in MMW is called Auto-DJ where you can set criteria for continuous playing after Now Playing gets to almost end.
Best regards,
Peke
JamesHezzy

Post by JamesHezzy »

Ahh, bummer :P

Is there any way that I can use mmw to create an album shuffle playlist based on what is synced to my phone?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not natively, but it is possible that in Magic Nodes you can create Node that you can sync to device as playlist afterwards.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You have the Criteria Sync Status. So an AutoPlaylist with Sync Status and the Random Album sort should do the trick.