Album Art and Ratings are Gone!

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmnelson52

Album Art and Ratings are Gone!

Post by kmnelson52 »

A day or two ago, an updated Media Monkey app was downloaded on my Android. So when I opened it yesterday I was faced with granting access to my SD card, so I did. Now the ratings and album art for my library are gone!

Is there any way to restore this or is it gone forever?
Peke

Re: Album Art and Ratings are Gone!

Post by Peke »

Hi,
this sounds like you lost access to SDCard and on rescan you lost Ratings and album art.

Are you sure that some system cleaner wasn't deleted MMA files from SDCard and have you tried to Resync from MMW to see if metadata is updated?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kmnelson52

Post by kmnelson52 »

Besides losing the album art and Ratings, this also happened...

A number of songs that had incorrect album or artist information. I had corrected them. Now after this re-scan all the bad information is back. Does that mean the information does not save with the file itself but is changed only in the database?

If I had known about this I would not have updated the software on my Android. Shame on me for not backing up my files prior to the update. My last backup is two months old. I guess I've learned my lesson about backing up frequently.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA for now can only save changes to its database. On sync back to MMW will the files be updated on your PC.
kmnelson52

Album Art and Ratings are Gone, Again

Post by kmnelson52 »

It happened again.

MediaMonkey updated on my Android and now all the album art and ratings are gone. Also, I spent a lot of time assigning genre information to most of my library, and that's all gone too.

I now back up my Android to my PC on a regular basis. So if I go into the last backup prior to this occurring, exactly which files do I need to restore to get my information back?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Peke

Post by Peke »

Mediamonkey folder on both storage and com ventis mediamonkey folders under Android data
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kmnelson52

Another update, another loss of data

Post by kmnelson52 »

The Media Monkey app updated on my Android phone. And now all the ratings and album art that I had been setting for the songs in my library are GONE! This has happened twice and now I'm really beginning to rethink Media Monkey, even after paying for Professional. I have spent hours going through songs in my lbrary and updating info and now it's just gone. Frustrating!

So I have a few questions:

1. How do i sync the database/songs on my Android? When I attempt to sync I can never find a Sync server.

2. I backup my device onto an external hard drive at home. Can I restore the database from a backup? If so, what is the file or path I'm looking for?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Only edit files in MediaMonkey for Android (MMA) if you're syncing back to MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW). MMA does not save tag changes to the files, MMW is required to have actual files (on your PC first, then sync back to device) modified.

How to sync (MMW required): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
Wifi sync problems: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ork-at-all