[SOLVED] MM - Android - External drive - NAS.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

xvda

[SOLVED] MM - Android - External drive - NAS.

Post by xvda »

Can I stream music from my NAS (Network Attached Storage) with the help of MM to my HEOS Amp.(HEOS AMP Wireless Amplifier) ?

If the answer is Yes, can you tell me how I do this!

Thanks in advance
Lowlander

Re: MM - Android - External drive - NAS.

Post by Lowlander »

You will need to run a DLNA Server on your NAS (most come with one) or run MediaMonkey for Windows on a Windows PC (http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0) which you access through UPnP in MMA. Then you select a Chromecast or DLNA client to cast to (your device may even have both).
boydjw

Post by boydjw »

Have MM (4.1 23.1881) media server on Windows 7 Pro (SP1, build 7601) on network to 2 Google Fiber TV boxes (gfrg200-48.4). Trying to cast from MM Android (1.3.2.0824) to Google boxes. When I try to cast, the media track is displayed on the video monitor attached to the Google box, but the track will freeze on the Android phone. Casting will initialize on the casting to device and from device, but not play media. Casting from Android phone to Yamaha RX-V755 receiver on network plays media selected from Android phone. Google Fiber TV boxes connected to Google Network box. Yamaha receiver connected to Google Fiber network box through a switch.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It would be good to send Debug Log from MMA after you start playback (⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs) and write down log id here for reference.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
boydjw

Post by boydjw »

Peke wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:23 pm Hi,
It would be good to send Debug Log from MMA after you start playback (⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs) and write down log id here for reference.
Log ID: ER5WM82V6K
boydjw

Post by boydjw »

I subsequently added a Chromecast Audio to another speaker in the home, and attached it to the wifi with the Google Fiber boxes. I installed Google Home on my Android phone. Still had trouble casting to any of the devices on the wifi. Google Support for casting recommends turning off power-saving mode, which I had turned on on the Android phone. Turned off power-saving mode , cleared cache and app data from MMA and Google Home. Restarted apps, and BAM, started casting from the phone to Chromecast Audio and Google Fiber boxes.