Files Duplicated

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

RonZimmerman

Files Duplicated

Post by RonZimmerman »

I am running MM 41.1.20.1864 and MMA 1.3.10751. I have one folder of music. I did a clean install of MMA and I followed the instructions on loading up an SD card and putting in the phone. Now I have some folders that have been duplicated. For example, I had a Crosby, Still, and Nash folder with 2 albums. CSN and Daylight again. Now I have a second folder with the same albums, but the parent folder is Crosby, Stills & Nash. Notice the lack of a comma after Stills. This has happened to many folders. My folder on File explorer now has many duplicate folders. How does this happen, and how can I fix it and stop it from happening again?
Lowlander

Re: Files Duplicated

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're referring to the actual folders. In that case it comes down to tagging. You likely have some differences in the tags as well so when the folders are created based on this they also come with those differences.
RonZimmerman

Post by RonZimmerman »

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't understand how to fix the tag problem. For example, I had one folder in my computer. It is Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. In this folder was one album, Déjà Vu with 10 tracks. After installing MMW and MMA and syncing them I now have a second folder on my hard drive. It is Crosby_ Still_ Nash & Young. In this new folder is Déjà Vu, and the same 10 tracks. MediaMonkey Android duplicated the artist folder and renamed it with underscores and duplicated the album and tracks. Now I have 2 of the same tracks. This happened many times. Could you explain how to prevent this? What tags are you talking about?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you already have files on the device before syncing with MediaMonkey? That may have caused it to sync the files from the device to your PC, explaining the duplication.
RonZimmerman

Post by RonZimmerman »

No,I formatted the SD card. I uninstalled MMA on the phone and put the SD card in a reader on the computer. I synced from my computer to the card. I reinstalled MMA and put the card into the phone. There was no other music on the phone. After the sync the duplicated folders appeared.