Some album art showing up and others not (mma)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Sciz

Some album art showing up and others not (mma)

Post by Sciz »

Hi,
I am using MediaMonkey for android and have had some issues with getting album art to show up on some albums.

I use MusicBee on my PC, and on my android MediaMonkey. I have 128gb of space so I have manually transferred like 100 gigs of album folders to my phone. All of these folders are set up in the same way, the mp3's and a cover.jpg or folder.jpg for the album art. When I first got my new phone a few months ago I transfered most of my music library, and as far as I can remember all the album art worked for all of the albums. However in the months since when I have transferred new albums to my phone, a lot of the time the album art does not show up. I would estimate only like 10 out of 50 albums I have added since actually have album art showing up in the music library. If I go into properties of the albums where the art does not show up, I can actually see the album art in a small picture in the top left, but on the main music library pages I just get the black stock image of a monkey with flailing arms. How can I ensure album art on all my albums? I don't understand why some of the albums don't show the album art in the library when I have all my folders set up the same way and it works for most of them, and I do have the album art as a file in every single one of my folders.

Since this has basically only happened to new additions I assume something must be not working in this process, but the album art does show up for some new albums so I don't really understand what the difference would be.

Help very much appreciated!

I am on MediaMonkey pro, Version 1.3.2.0824
Sciz

Re: Some album art showing up and others not (mma)

Post by Sciz »

No one else had this happen?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ATM MMA depends on Google Media Scanner which can be problematic.

MMA 2.0 is planned to change that, but more about that in upcoming months.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
devolution

Post by devolution »

I have had this issue consistently with files that have more than one artwork image in them. I sync from MM on Windows to an MMA on an HTC One M8 phone and have found that as long as there's only one image in the file, the artwork displays without issue.
Sciz

Post by Sciz »

Peke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:06 pm Hi,
ATM MMA depends on Google Media Scanner which can be problematic.

MMA 2.0 is planned to change that, but more about that in upcoming months.
Okay, I'll keep an eye out, because I have been trying to figure out how to fix it but I just can't see a pattern.
devolution wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm I have had this issue consistently with files that have more than one artwork image in them. I sync from MM on Windows to an MMA on an HTC One M8 phone and have found that as long as there's only one image in the file, the artwork displays without issue.
Huh, after reading this I went through my music library to see if there were any patterns, and I did see that there were a bunch of albums which had multiple images, and in these cases the image was showing up but always the wrong one (not the cover art, rather a booklet or something similar). I tried deleting all images except the proper album art and rescanning for media, but interestingly the "wrong" images were still the only art showing up in these albums even though I had deleted the images from the folders. I guess the art had already been imprinted into the albums on MMA I guess, dunno how to change that.

As for the new albums, the ones that do have album art show up on MMA all have the album art embedded in each track file, but I do not want to do that to all of my songs because that would make the size of each album bigger and I want to cram as much music as I can on my phone :)

The ones where it doesn't work all have the same pattern: folder full with mp3's, a cover.jpeg or folder.jpeg and that's it. Never works. However, I have many older albums that were added to my phone the day I got it that have this exact same setup and the album art shows up for all of them. It is only the new albums that I have tried to add since getting my phone that don't have the album art.

Weird.

Anyways I will check back periodically to see if there's any updates because I sure can't figure out how to fix this :)