Stable Build Releases (??)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jaroclay

Stable Build Releases (??)

Post by jaroclay »

I have been using the beta version of MMA as it corrected an issue I had in the 8/2 stable release. I was wondering how we know when beta versions have been promoted to a stable release. I tried to find a post but did not. I would like to revert back to the stable release of MMA but not until I know a new stable release has occurred.

Currently, the only way I can check is to remove myself from the beta program on Google PlayStore and then see what the release date of the stable version is. Last I checked, it was still 8/2/18.

No worries, but I recall seeing a post for MMW and wanted to suggest a locked release post for MMA.

Thanks for your time and consideration of my suggestion.
rivorson

Re: Stable Build Releases (??)

Post by rivorson »

I think if you leave the beta program you actually keep the beta version that you've got until the next stable release. To go back to the current stable release after leaving the beta you would have to uninstall and reinstall the app.
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

rivorson wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am I think if you leave the beta program you actually keep the beta version that you've got until the next stable release. To go back to the current stable release after leaving the beta you would have to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Good point. I recall that the PlayStore recommends uninstalling the Beta but cannot recall it is automatically done or a manual process. They did a recent update that changed some things and cannot recall if this was one of them. I will leave the Beta program and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply, rivorson!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Shows what's being worked on: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/set_ ... ject_id=12 then Roadmap. Thus prior versions are a final release.
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:17 pm Shows what's being worked on: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/set_ ... ject_id=12 then Roadmap. Thus prior versions are a final release.
Thanks for the info, Lowlander. I was unaware of this but assumed it existed. Easy to figure out and I will bookmark this site for future reference. Thanks again!