MMA Pro All Songs Greyed Out

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gloryboxfailure

MMA Pro All Songs Greyed Out

Post by gloryboxfailure »

Hello,

I am currently using MMA Pro in conjunction with MMW Gold on a Hiby R6 device. I used MMW to sync approximately 260 GB worth of files to an SD card in the R6.

I had an issue where none of the playlists I created in MMW were syncing properly to MMA, so I decided to format the SD card, uninstall and reinstall MMA, and then re-sync the device. Now none of the tracks on the device are playable; they are all greyed out. When I look at the properties of the track, the file path points to:
D4BC-A40F:Android/data(.)com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/music/artist/album/track. The ID number of the SD card in that file path has changed since I've formatted the SD card.
In reality the files exist at 623F-B39E:Music/artist/album/track. So obviously MMA is looking for the files at the old invalid file path, but I have no idea how to fix where MMA looks for the media files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MMA two times, but the old file path still persists. The problem happens even though I've synced the media library to the SD card through MMW.

So, I'm kind of at a loss here. How do I modify MMA to look for the new file path for the files? What is the best process to sync the data from MMW to MMA? Should I uninstall/reinstall MMA again and try another sync?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: MMA Pro All Songs Greyed Out

Post by Lowlander »

In Options in MMA use Choose Library Folders, deselect the old and select the new if possible.
gloryboxfailure

I tried that, and it did not work.

I ended up formatting the SD card, and restoring the Hiby back to original condition. I reinstalled MMA, re-sync'd the library, and now I get this:

Each CD for each artist has the only the first three tracks tagged properly; everything else gets dumped into "Unknown artist".

Any ideas? I've tried syncing via wi-fi and USB.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW? In MMW tags are shown correctly?
gloryboxfailure

MMW version is 4.1.23.1881
MMA version is 1.3.3.0842

Everything is tagged properly in MMW. I went through the "Files to Edit" tree and took care of any outliers that didn't sync over when I imported the data from iTunes. I also re-ran most of it through MusicBrainz Picard to standardize any of the tracks that might not have been tagged properly in iTunes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's very strange and not being reported by others. Can you consistently reproduce?
gloryboxfailure

I've re-ran a few more library syncs (one wi-fi and two USB), and I'm still seeing artists with only 2 or 3 tracks for each album. The rest of the album tracks are playable on the device, but they are tagged as Unknown Artist - Unknown Album.
So that's pretty weird, but I've also added new albums to the MMW library, and they sync'd over just fine, with appropriate tagging and album art.
Any other suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may need to start fresh on the device, wiping everything and starting again.

If you do, try to sync only 1 Album that was previously affected and see if it works now.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just tested:
1. Created auto playlists and several static playlists
2. Created few more static playlist with tracks from above lists
3. Created Auto Playlist containing all tracks from above playlists
4. Synced 1. playlist
5. changed SDcards synced 2. Playlists
6. Synced 1-3. Playlists

Ain all cases I didn't got grayed tracks except when I changed SDCards and MMA couldn't access the tracks.

As Lowlander pointed You maybe need to reset MMA app on the device.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gloryboxfailure

Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions; I will try both and report back.

FWIW it'll be about the fourth time i've uninstalled/reinstalled the app. No worries though.
gloryboxfailure

So I reinstalled the MMA app and re-scanned the folders on the SD card. There was no change; there are still approximately 17,250 songs tagged as unknown artist.

What I did find out is that if I go into MMW and change the metadata of a track, when I sync the device then the track gets properly tagged and added to to the correct artist.

It seems like it's about half of my library that the tags on the device aren't set up, even though they are in MMW. Weird.

I'm not super happy about having to manually massage most of the metadata in my library, but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like MMA/device got the wrong info, I don't think uninstalling MMA fixes that as the files would still be in the device Library. Only changing them in MMW changes them on sync as they're now updated vs. the device files and thus MMW syncs that to the device.