usb, sd cards, etc sync problem

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

fleu
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm

usb, sd cards, etc sync problem

Post by fleu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:45 am

I have a problem with media monkey in my car unit:

When i sync my phone with wifi. Everything works perfectly. But i also have an usb stick/sd card. Wich i use with my android car unit. So i sync the usb. Plug it in and guess what. It always shows the playlist like the first time i created it. The usb stick has the new songs. Also the m3u files are the updated playlists. But my mma in the car doesn't read it properly. He never updates the m3u files. He only deletes the songs he cant find anymore on the old m3u files. So i think the problem is when syncing with usb/sd, he only reads in new playlists and if he sees a playlist with the same name(an old one) he doesn't bother to read it again an check for an update. Only new playlists he imports in his program. On wifi syn on the other hand. He checks the m3u files and updates them in his program... Please fix this!

And no it's not possible to drive my car in the elevator to my pc on the tenth floor to use wifi sync. Het just has to learn to update everything when i feed him an updated usb stick/car sd

can you fix this please. mma on my car unit is useless like this.

Nik_S

Re: usb, sd cards, etc sync problem

Post by Nik_S » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am

Hi all,
I have a fairly similar issue.

At one point the playlists (m3u) on my USB flash drive would just disappear, but the music folder was still there, so I was at least able to play the music at random.
Then I read on here that Android may delete m3u`s if there isn`t a .nomedia file in the directory. So I created that and copied my playlist onto the USB drive again. Plugged them into the car`s USB port and on my Android 8 Headunit with Mediamonkey selected under sources USB and "Check for new/changed media".
However, no effect, apart from even the nusic now not showing up in Mediamonkey music folder anymore. :(
The music and the playlists show in Android file browser, the USB drive is definitely recognized by the system and they do work in VLC player app, but with a huge delay after starting and loosing the position within the playlist after I restart the car (which Mediamonkey preserved nicely, when it worked in the beginning).

I have dried (via App settings in Android) to wipe cache and data for the Mediamonkey app and then retry - no joy.
Removed the .nomedia file - no joy.
I have tried uninstalling Mediamonkey, deleting the file it created on the internal storage of the headunit, also. Then installing latest version available in Play-Store, retried - still doesn`t show me any playlists or music files, even though they pop up in other sources.

Anybody any ideas, apart from a full wipe of my Android Headunit???

Help would be greatly appreciated,
Many thanks in advance,
Nik

Peke
Posts: 12368
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: usb, sd cards, etc sync problem

Post by Peke » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi,
Nik_S wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am
USB port and on my Android 8 Headunit
Can you please give me bit more details on your Headunit (CPU/MCU from About) as I for example ATM use Malaysk Oreo 3.5.1 ROM on Dasaita PX5 4/32GB HeadUnit and except that USB is Considered external Device and not Auto scanned/updated using Folders browser in MMA loads all playlists flawlessly?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Nik_S

Re: usb, sd cards, etc sync problem

Post by Nik_S » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:56 am

Hi,
I did take pictures, but I just saw that this doesn't let me upload attachments.
So, I'll do the old fashioned way here:

Seicane Headunit,
HF S8 Series H235,
Android 8.0.0,
MCU: MTCE_HF_V3.02_1,
CPU: 8 Core 64bit CPU Coretex-A53 @ 1.5G
Memory 3891MB
Int storage 32 GB

The really weird thing is, that Mediamonkey did read this USB flash drive successfully in the past, with the exact same content. And the flash drive definitely works, it appears in Android file browser. But Mediamonkey now just displays "no media" both in the Playlists section and in the Tracks section, even if the drive has been selected under "choose library folders" and then subsequently "check for new/changed media" has been clicked. However, clicking the "check..." button brings up a pop-up that says scanning started, but when returning from options back to home screen of Mediamonkey it doesn't show the white circle in the top right hand corner, indicating that it is busy.
Hope this information helps - I've tried everything that I could think of.... I'm literally at my wit's end with this.

Many thanks,
Nik

Post Reply